Chapter 9 The one and only

IMPORTANT INFO.

( This_is_fan_fiction_ characters_names_from_scooby_doo_DO_NOT_BELONG_TO_ME )

Thank you for reading

_________________________________________________________________________________

After blocking Freddie's number, Daphne calls for the waiter to pay for her unfinished drink, leaving the cafe in a foul mood.

Daphne phone vibrates in her hand getting her attention, making her stop to check, double-tapping the screen she sees the Instagram notification post of Raychel in a dress she bought along with one of her other friends "Mmm, maybe I'll check out that new store" Daphne said with a fresh smile on her face as she walks off a few meters away from the cafe.

Looking across the street Daphne was just in time to see one of her friends, exiting their car "Samuel!" She calls out to him but he was too far out to hear.

Taking her phone out of her cross-over handbag, she immediately unlocks it and taps on the contact app.

Scrolling through the contacts, all the way to the letter S. Daphne stop at a familiar name yet an unfamiliar number, forgetting all about Samuel.

Daphne starts recalling everything that happens last night in her head, seconds before she sends off the call.

.

.

.

Patiently waiting while feeling a little nervous. "And here I thought you wouldn't call me until tomorrow night" hearing his voice, Daphne felt a strong beat in her chest, "ain't you a little bit too overconfident?"

" *chuckling* overconfident? You called me yourself didn't you?" Daphne blushes at the sudden comments, "shut up shaggy!" She said not denying it " am gonna hang upon you," she said again feeling a little childish but she didn't mind it.

Daphne walks through the automatic doors into the high-quality store.

"Oh really now? Okay bye" Daphne felt her heart sink for some reason, "fine...!" she said hanging up the phone, pouting at her childish behavior.

And for giving shaggy the exact reaction that he wanted.

Looking at the phone screen once again, her face suddenly relaxes and her expression change to a sad yet confusing one " Why do feel like this?" She said while looking at the dress in front of her.

"Daphne? Is that you?" hearing a familiar voice behind her Daphne flicks her hair out and turns around looking like she has nothing to worry about, "the one and only~"

April 30, 2021