1.

The golden portal was enlightening the dark landscape of a destroyed war camp. It was cast by Odin, and if someone were to go through it, they would end up in Helheim, the realm of the dead.

It wasn't a very ideal place to find yourself in, even for a couple of minutes. To be in exile there for thousands of years would be terrible at best.

"I, Odin Borson, the Allfather, the king of the nine realms, banish you-" Odin was interrupted by his oldest child, Hela.

"You talk too much." She simply said and quickly ran to Odin, who was ready to send his only daughter out.

She attacked him with her blades and bested him easily. Even though it was mostly Hela who fought his wars, he was weak from them. His other disadvantage was his still unhealed eye to which he still hasn't got used to.

She gave him one last look full of pain before throwing him through his own portal which closed right behind him. She knew that she would never see him again.

But it was either her or him. One would live in the golden palace with their family, the other would spend most of their life in darkness, living in fear. The choice was clear.

She picked up Odin's golden staff from the dusty ground, dried her tears and looked up to the sky full of stars. She knew that he was watching and listening.

"Heimdall?" She softly said his name.

In the next few moments, she was floating in a tunnel of colorful lights. She was coming home, she could feel her strength growing.

It ended as fast and suddenly as it started. She was standing on a golden floor. She looked up to see Heimdall, the gatekeeper. He didn't say anything, just bowed his head.

Hela started walking on the rainbow bridge. The journey seemed to be unending, the palace never felt so far away.

Finally, she came to its end. The gate opened to her, and she stepped to the busy streets of Asgard.

Everyone stopped whatever it was that they were doing. Hela could feel their gazes, she could hear them quietly whispering about her.

They were scared. After all, they mostly knew her as a dangerous weapon, she was in all of the stories of the men that returned from battles.

She closed her eyes and suddenly, she wasn't wearing her horned battle helmet. Instead, her black hair fluttered in the wind. She hoped that this could make her people feel more safe.

She began walking again. The Asgardians pushed themselves to the walls of the houses to make way for her. Her heart sank when she saw mothers pushing their children behind them, as if they were trying to shield them from her with their own bodies.

She continued walking through the streets before she came to the gates of the palace.

As soon as the guards saw her, they began opening the gates. Some of them were surprised to see her, but most of them really weren't. They knew her from the battlefield, they saw her fight, and they knew she was strong enough to bring any army down.

It didn't matter whether they were happy or not. It didn't matter whether or not they wanted to even let Hela to the palace. They had to let it go. The royal family's wars were supposed to be none of their concern. Especially when it was between the king and his heir.

Hela stepped into the palace. She was passed by servants. Most of them were probably scared as well, but they all bowed to her just as they were supposed to.

Hela went straight to her mother's chambers. She knew the queen would be there, along with the princes.

The guards announced her and she stepped into the beautifully decorated room.

She looked at her mother. She was sitting on her bed. Her eyes were red and puffy, it was clear that she was crying.

Thor, who barely reached her waist, was trying to comfort her. Loki was laying in a cradle. He slept through it all.

Hela has been thinking a lot about how she could look her mother in her eyes as she took her husband from her, how she could live next to her knowing that the queen will never see her king.

All those worries left her when Frigga rushed to her and hugged her.

"I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry..." Hela whispered to her mother's ear. Frigga only hugged her more tightly.

The queen knew what was coming. That one of them wouldn't come back. She knew she'd never see one of them again. And she didn't blame Hela.

At that moment, she was just glad that she was hugging her child.

______________________________________
A/N: So, this is my newest idea, I hope you like it!

Btw, the art on the cover is mine, though I must admit that I did trace one "other eye" and used a ton of tutorials, so I guess that I can't really say that I did it all by myself, haha.

Also, yes, I know that Frigga isn't really supposed to be Hela's mum but since I don't know much about her real mother, I decided to make it like this.

So, yeah. This is it.
Thanks everyone!
Cissy :)