10.

After that, Fury started barking orders.

Everyone was to go to bed and get ready for the next day. One mission was to retrieve the Tesseract. The second one was to knock out as many people as possible and bring them back.

Thor and Hela agreed to help, but only after Fury gave their brother enough food and water. He promised to let Loki go completely after they came back with the Tesseract.

Everyone went to their rooms late at night, falling asleep just for a few hours. Thor was impressed when he saw all the Midgardians up in the morning, looking as though they had the best sleep of their lives.

Everyone suited up. Meanwhile, Fury set up the monitors and holographs to explain the plan of the mission.

When everyone came back, there was a holographic picture of a long, weirdly shaped building with a STARK written on it.

Fury began explaining. Tony Stark would fly in his suit right to the Tesseract, which was - as it turned out - right on the roof. So would Thor, who would grant protection to Stark and take care of the people in the higher levels.

The rest of the group - Hela, The Captain and Natasha Romanoff - were to go from the ground up.

"Okay. Is that clear?" Fury asked with his deep voice.

Before anyone could reply, a loud explosion was heard from the outside. The helicarrier tilted and everyone was thrown on the ground.

At least everyone had their suits on. They constructed a quick plan through the earpiece - Stark would go and repair the damaged part of the ship with the help of Steve Rogers. Everyone else was to fight with the controlled agents.

Thor went straight to the place where his brother was being held, fighting the enemies in the way. For everyone, he lightly punched them to their heads, making them fall down, in hopes of being free from the Scepter's effects.

In his ear, he could hear Stark's voice confirming that the engine was repaired. Natasha Romanoff was somewhere far away, protecting Dr. Banner. Nobody wanted him to turn into a ravageous beast.

Just when Thor got there, the doors to the glass cage were being opened. The Agent, Son of Coul, was there as well.

He was holding a firearm so big that Thor had to admire that he was able to hold it up steadily in his hands.

He was aiming it at a woman with short blonde hair who put her small gun on the ground, raising her arms up.

Just when the Agent breathed in to say something, Thor realised the woman was looking somewhere up, somewhere past the man. She nodded a bit towards that someone.

Thor wanted to run towards the Son of Coul, he wanted to push him out of the way and shield him from the coming harm as Thor, an Asgardian, would easily survive it.

But he was too slow.

An arrow pierced through the man's body and the agent fell to the ground.

"Nooo!"

Both Thor and Loki ran towards the dying man.

"Do something! Help him, with your magic or something." Thor was shouting at Loki.

"I can ease his pain, but that's it." Loki said. Then, he touched the man's wound and let a golder green magic flow from his hand to the agent's body, who immediately sighed in relief.

Meanwhile, Natasha Romanoff entered the higher catwalk, caught the archer off-guard and knocked him out.

She looked down at what was happening there and colour drained from her face. She took a shaky, sharp breath and completely froze, looking at the scenery happening right in front of her.

Three SHIELD agents ran after the blonde woman. With them, Nicholas Fury arrived. When he saw the agent on the ground, he stopped and kneeled in front of him to face him.

"Sorry boss," Coulson whispered, "they got rabbited."

"Just stay awake. EYES ON ME!" The Director said in despair.

"No, I'm clocked out here..." The agent replied to him.

"Not an option." He said desperately, as if he could just forbid him to die.

"It's okay, boss. This was never going to work..," Coulson looked at Fury in complete peace, "...if they didn't have something... to..."

The agent never got to finish what he wanted to. A medical team arrived, but again, too late. The man already drew his last breath.

...

Hela was in a hall nearby the conference room, helping the medics with the wounded when she heard The Director's voice through the earpiece.

"Agent Coulson is down." He said.

Hela remembered the cheerful man who idolised the Captain and was always happy to help.

"Paramedics are on their way." Someone replied.

"They're here. They called it in."

...

The team, if one could even talk of it that way, was sitting in the conference room once again. It was mere hours after the attack.

"These were in Phil's jacket." Nicholas Fury said as he threw a bunch of blood-stained cards with pictures of Captain America on the glass table towards Steve Rogers.

"Guess he never got you to sign them." He continued towards him.

Thor remembered the picture of a cheerful agent who idolised the Captain.

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called The Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes." The Director was walking around the room.

Clearly shaken by the loss of his close friend, he was talking even more bitterly than usual.

"Well... It was an old-fashioned notion." He quietly added, and then he walked away.

Tony Stark quickly stood up from his chair and looked around the people who were still sitting.

"What are we waiting for?" He said.

"What?"

"I'm serious. Are we waiting for more people to get controlled? Are we waiting for more people to be killed? We have the location of both the Tesseract and the magical spear, why wait any longer?" He asked.

After that, it was very quick. Natasha Romanoff went after Clint Barton, the Archer, who was already knocked back to reality. Then, everyone suited up again.

And before they knew it, everyone who couldn't fly got into a quinjet and flew off towards the city called New York, accompanied by flying Thor and Tony Stark.

___________________________________
A/N: It's so exciting to see the timeline change in different ways!

I know, I know... I almost cried when writing Coulson's death, I just love his character so much... And to kill him off like this, by Clint's hand... It's just- I'm way too cruel, even for myself.

So... The fight over SHIELD creating way too dangerous weapons never happened 'cause SHIELD did it only because of Thor. And since Thor 1 never happened... Yeah, you get it, right?

Oh well, have a good day/night, I'm going to sleep.