13.

As the three siblings found themselves in their homeland, a certain nervosity began to crawl its way to their hearts.

"Welcome home."

Heimdall's voice greeted them. The gatekeeper was standing in the middle of the room, his hands lay on the giant sword used to unlock the Bifrost.

The royals nodded their heads as a response.

Since they came home basically unannounced, there were no horses waiting for them at the bridge, no ship to take them to the palace. And only one of the three could actually fly. And he wasn't planning on leaving his sibling behind to walk alone.

They had to walk. Loki noticed Hela's body tense up. It was only a swift moment – if one wasn't paying attention, they'd miss it. One blink, and it was gone.

He wasn't quite sure what caused it and decided not to question it.

The three started their journey towards the palace. After walking through the gates to the city, they passed their people.

Loud whispers began as soon as the Asgardians saw the members of their royal family. Even though they probably wouldn't admit it, most of them thought the youngest dead.

Even more because of that, they wanted to learn anything and everything about what happened to him.

The siblings tried to ignore the people as much as they could to get to the palace as quickly as possible. They knew their mother already knew they were on Asgard, thanks to Huginn and Muninn, her ravens who brought her information.

The three warriors finally entered the throne room, a giant golden hall at which end was a throne made from massive gold.

On it sat, bright as the Sun, Queen Frigga. Clothed in a yellow gown with golden jewellery, she lit up the entire hall. In her right hand, she held the gold queen's staff.

Hela was in the middle, walking in front of the two princes. When she looked to her left, she saw that Loki's face softened ever so lightly at the sight of his mother.

Hela smiled to herself. Everything was going to be just fine.

The three stopped at the steps heading to the throne, kneeling before their mother, the Queen of Asgard.

"This court will be held in private." The Queen spoke. She quickly sent a small, reassuring smile towards her children before continuing: "I now ask all to leave. Only the royal advisers, the elders and a scribe shall be present."

Loki saw Thor nod at his friends, The Warriors Three and Lady Sif, who left a moment after everyone else.

"Well then, let's get this over with." The Queen sat back on her throne.

"Loki, darling, let's start with you. Where did you land after you fell from the Bridge?"

Loki looked up to meet his mother's eye. A moment after that happened, he looked away, back at the ground, as he thought of the best way to construct the sentences. Then, he started talking.

"I cannot give you the location of the place, as I myself don't know it. It was in our galaxy, for sure, but I didn't recognise any constellations that could possibly lead me there. But those living here called it The Sanctuary."

"Who lived there?" The Queen asked.

"Thanos, the Mad Titan, and his servants - mostly Kree and the Chitauri."

The Queen nodded. She knew the races well. Asgard held a somewhat stable peace treaty with the Kree. The Chitauri unsuccessfully attacked Asgard many years ago, and since then, they hadn't tried again.