18.

"The Queen!"

"Someone get the medics, quick!"

"Get out, make some space!"

"Get her some water!"

There were people who were panicking. Most of those had to be taken away from the room because they were only in the way.

Then, there were those who actually helped, like the person who managed to make a pillow from their cape for the Queen. Or the one who somewhere managed to find a chair to put the Queen's legs onto.

But most people had no idea what to do. The vast majority relied on their magic to do even the simplest daily tasks and now that they were stripped of their power...

And then, there was Hela. She was supposed to be used to these situations, but at that exact moment when The Queen hit the ground, she froze. And all she could do was watch.

She watched Thor running to his mother and arriving there first. She watched Loki being there second.

Loki was checking the pulse, which, after a few dreadful moments, he found, and Thor was already shouting practical orders.

Everything happened so quickly. The medics rushed into the room as quickly as they could. They put the Queen on a stretcher and started carrying her away. Loki and Thor followed them and as they walked past Hela, she came back into reality.

She spun on her heel and darted after her brothers.

The process was rather quick - the Queen was taken to her chambers, she was given a pick-me-up potion and ordered some more rest.

It was funny in a way since whenever it came to health, the medics completely forgot about their position at the court and ordered their rulers.

As everything settled down, people left the room to grant the royal family some privacy.

Thor eventually excused himself to go and check on Jane, who was in the med wing.

In the middle of a light-weight conversation, the sun shining through the wide window was dimmed and now shone in an orangey undertone.

Then, the floor shook so hard that with loud crushing noises, a few items fell down.

"What was that?" Hela asked without expecting an answer.

Not long after that, muffled screams could be heard. The two siblings stood up in synchronisation. They looked at their mother, who was just a bit wide-eyed, nodded.

The two of them stormed out of the room. But simultaneously, both of them stopped. That was because, both of them again, failed at conjuring their armor and weapons.

Loki knew his mother's room as his own, so it took him just a second to reach to the nearest wall and take down four greatly decorated daggers.

He handed two of them to Hela. Both of them always kept some weapons on themselves at all times, but the more of them they had, the better.

Loki turned around to face two guards still standing in front of the doors to their Queen's bedroom.

"I'll send two more men to you. Under no circumstances will you leave your place. Not until this threat, whatever it is, is over."

The two soldiers only slightly bowed before returning to their original, steady positions.

Acknowledging that they understood, Loki turned back to his sister and both of them walked out.

All they had to do was to walk down the nearest stairs to find pure chaos.

The hall was completely destroyed, and in the middle of it was an ancient ship which Loki only recognised from the books. It was a ship that belonged to The Dark elves.