12.

The group was walking through the streets of New York. Even though most buildings were - in the least - damaged, people were starting to come out, some thanked them, some were even giving them gifts as an expression of gratitude.

Thor was happily chatting with the two scientists from the roof - Dr. Jane Foster and Erik Selvig. From what Hela could hear, he was telling them about the Bifrost. The two eagerly listened, and from time to time, they asked him questions.

Loki was walking alone, watching the damage of the city with sad eyes. Hela decided it was best to leave him alone to his thoughts, they would talk later, in private.

For Hela, this was a familiar feeling. Walking around the ruins of the battlefield after a won battle was nothing new to her. Though, this time, she was satisfied.

She got everything she wanted and more - her brother, Loki, was back, The Tesseract was to be placed safely in Asgard's vault, the Spear of Minds as well. And, not to forget, she saved Midgard with a new team of allies.

As they were nearing the restaurant, she saw a mother with her little daughter, who Hela recognised from before - she saved her from falling ruins. The woman was encouraging her to approach the team, perhaps to thank them.

But the girl was too shy. Hiding behind her mother, she timidly watched the heroes. As most of them were already passing by, she couldn't bring herself to talk to them.

So Hela stopped. Reaching her hand towards the little girl, she motioned to her to come closer.

"Hello there! What's your name?" She asked her when the girl came a bit closer.

"Anna." She whispered.

"Anna?" Hela waited for the girl to nodd and then she continued. "That's a great name. I'm Hela, Frigga's firstborn and a sister to Thor - that's the blond one - and Loki, the one with the black hair."

Hela motioned towards her brothers. The girl smiled and then she reached behind her neck.

"This is for you. As a thank you." She handed Hela a handmade necklace from wooden beads and purple butterflies.

"Oh, thank you, darling, that's very kind of you. Unfortunately, I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Anna."

After the girl ran off back to her mother, Hela quickly caught up the team.

With the necklace hanging around her neck, she stepped into a messy shop.

"Uhh, hi? You open?" Tony Stark asked an older woman sweeping the soot off the floor.

"We're open from nine am to eleven pm, every day. It's on the door. Would you like to order?" The woman said. She had a thick accent and a very strong r.

While the Man of Iron was ordering gods knew what, the heroes sat down at the biggest table at the store.

A teenager (as Midgardians called their youth) wearing an apron came to them with a wet rag and quickly rubbed the desk.

He did more damage than good, as the ash just got wet and stuck to the table even better. He shot them an apologetic smile and ran off to find something better to clean with.

Hela looked back at the Stark man, who pulled some colourful papers, which worked as Midgard's currency, out of his pocket and handed them to the lady. She began praising him, bowing to him in thanks.

"Please, you deserve it more than I do. I bet you're the only place that's open in the entire block." He said with a genuine smile on his face.

Then, the lady ran off to another room from which muffled sounds of cooking and her loud voice speaking in a high tone could be heard.

"Well, I ordered a little bit of everything, it looked pretty good on the menu, huh?" Tony Stark said while joining others at the table.

His armor was standing still by the entrance.

Natasha Romanoff, a respectable agent with curly red hair, seemed to have a very quiet conversation with the archer man, who's name was Clint.

Tony Stark walked off to the other corner of the room to "call a Pepper". Hela guessed it was a slang term of some sort, because the only thing he was doing was quietly talking to a thin little desk pressed to his ear.

Both the Captain and Dr. Bruce Banner were very tired. Bruce Banner, who only very recently turned back to his human form, was clutching the shirt that someone quickly found somewhere. The Captain was battling sleep with his hand supporting his head from falling.

While Thor was continuing his lively talk with the pair of amazed scientists, Loki was sitting alone. Looking down to the floor, he was probably thinking of what he'd plan on doing.

Hela didn't think about it much, at least not until this moment. They had to return to Asgard to report on the situation on Midgard, to handle the Tesseract and the Scepter and, most importantly, bring their brother back.

He'd have to stand in front of the Queen's judgement. Hela was positive that it would turn out well, Frigga was wise. Not to mention, they had the Spear to show her, and that would definitely be helpful for Loki's sake.

Hela was driven from her thoughts by the older waitress who started carrying the giant bowls of food to their table.

The food looked rather... questionable. In a pocket of flat bread of some sort, there were thin strips of meat, some salad and greens and vegetables. Some white liquid was poured on it.

Hela shot Loki a look at the same time he did. Then, they looked around at the team. The agents didn't look very surprised to see the food, so Hela assumed it wasn't their first time seeing it. Bruce Banner, the scientist, carefully took a piece of a fried tomato and put it in his mouth.

Then, the two of them looked at their brother. The two scientists who were sitting next to him were eating politely, with cutleries. Thor's face was buried in the food.

"This meal tastes great. Brother, sister, you have to try this, it's truly delicious!" He said loudly with a full mouth. Loki only sighted at the sight.

Hela carefully took a bite. Thor was right, it was very good.

The team are in silence. The Captain was probably sleeping at this point, and Hela wasn't surprised. His strength was increased, and from what she heard, his age was around one hundred, which was a lot for a Midgardian, and this man didn't have one grey hair.

Well, he may had all of that, but still, he probably did most of the physical job.

On the other hand, Hela was very surprised to see that the two agents were still awake. She had to get to know Natasha Romanoff. The woman fascinated her.

But that had to wait. As the heroes were finishing the meals (Thor even finishing off the uneaten meals of others), it was time to go.

"Farewell, my friends. I will come back as soon as possible, you have my word." Thor's long goodbyes were heard from the restaurant.

Eventually, the three siblings were standing in a nearby park.

"Heimdall, take us home."

___________________________________
A/N:Thank you for reading and for your patience. I just spent my first week in school after more than half a year and I've got to say... I kinda prefer the online-learning.