Chapter 4: Face to Face

~30 minutes earlier~

Harrison POV
"How's the security doing?" "Doing great" once it's down. I slowly went down from the roof using a grappling hook. I noticed a flashlight and hide immediately. A guard pass by and I grab my gun, I adjust the power and shot him. The extra power cause him to be unconscious instead just stunning him.

I adjust it back and then hide the body in a room. I then immediately go and start my mission. I choose to go to the painting area first. "The Raft of Medusa" I said. I took the chair nearby and stand on it so I could reach the top and start taking it off the frame.

"Man it's big" I complained. "Told you" Alex remind me. I rolled it up and put it inside a mailing tube. I went to the next one "Liberty leading the people painting, nice" I look at the painting.

I did the same thing but then I heard someone talking. "Change of plans, I'm gonna get the Mona Lisa and leave" "What why?" Alex was confused. "I'm not alone" I was looking around the area.

I saw two people taking down paintings and some items, so I took the chance to dash away. I went to the Mona Lisa painting but I was already beaten to it. There's two people and one were in red cutting the glass. Immediately I know who it was "Caught you red handed." I said.

~Back to present~

Carmen Sandiego POV
Me and Shadowsan look at each other. "Is that him?" I asked. Shadowsan nodded "Yes"

"Where is my manners. I'm Mr No Face" he introduced himself. "I'm sure you know about me by now" and he turn his head at Shadowsan. "Look I don't want to fight, I just want the painting" he said calmly.

"If you want it you have to go thru me!" Shadowsan charge towards him . He tries to strike his nerves but No Face just kept dodging it or blocking it. 

Shadowsan tried to reach his neck but he managed to grab his hand. He twisted his hand. Shadowsan scream in pain. "Stop!" I scream to get his attention.

He lets go of Shadowsan and I immediately ran to him. He is holding his right arm that was twisted. "You alright?" "I'm fine Carmen."

"Does that mean I win?" He said still in his calm tone. I didn't answer him. "I'll take that as a yes." He walks passed me and towards the painting.

I look back and kick his leg causing him to fall down and hit the cold floor. "Carmen! You okay!" Ivy ask when they arrive. "I'm fine"

No Face stood back up. All four of us surrounded him "You're under arrest, we're cops!" Said Zack. He turned his head and raised his eyebrows as if like 'seriously?'

"I know who guys are, you're ACME agents" "How did you know that!" We were shocked and confused. "Please, they have been on my tail for years now."

"Wait really?" Ivy said. "Yeah, Vile was supposed to be my competition but thanks to Carmen Sandiego. I'm back on top" everything just went silent.

Suddenly "I think I said enough" he jumped and use both of his feet to kick Zack and Ivy who was standing on his side.

He tries to grab the painting but I managed to trip him. He fell to the ground again. I grab the painting and the tube he was carrying.

"Go Carmen! We hold him off." Said Zack and Ivy while holding him down. "We can handle this" Shadowsan reassure me. I nodded at him and ran.

Harrison POV
I saw Carmen ran away with my stuff. Suddenly I was pulled up and someone was holding me from behind. A girl is pointing a gas gun on my face and pulled the trigger. I immediately duck and because of that the person who was holding me released me because he was unconscious by the gas.

I then grab the gun and gas her. She went unconscious as well. "Seriously, you guys need a better weapons." I then throw the gun away.

I searched for her but couldn't find her. Suddenly I was kick from behind. I stumbled to the floor. "Not so tough without your gun, are you?" Old Japanese man said.

"Don't waste my time" I said while standing back up. I noticed a red figure right behind him. She smirked and then went above using a grappling hook.

The old man starts attacking me. He hit me multiple times but I managed to block most of them. Once he begin slowing down. I took out my baton and swing at him.

He was struggling, "She's getting away!" I heard Alex screaming. "I need to end this" I said to myself.

I threw my own fist straight to his stomach. He dropped down while grabbing the area I punch him. "Sorry" I apologize at him before I pulled out my grappling hook and went above.

I look around and can't find her. I then remember I put a tracker inside the mailing tube. I pulled out my phone and it shows it is inside a nearby building.

Carmen Sandiego POV
I found a spot to hide in the nearby building. Hopefully he won't think searching here.

I used the ACME pen to tell Chief about so far good news. "Yes, the painting is here" I show her the Mona Lisa and the two other painting inside the mailing tube.

"Good job Carmen Sandiego, the local police is on their way and both agent Argent and Devineaux as well. So in the meantime, stay hidden." Then the door burst open.

"Found you!" Mr no face said. "I...how?" I was confused. "Well because of this" he then shows his phone, showing the tracking device. 

"Long time hasn't it, Chief? Missed me?" And he laughed. He's expression change back to serious even though he is wearing a mask. It was still obvious. "Where was I again? Oh yeah the painting."

He tried to take the painting but every time he tries to grab it, I avoided he's grabs.

*Police siren* "Looks like you're done" I said smirking. He faces me, I didn't know if his angry because of his mask.

"We'll meet again, Carmen Sandiego" he threw something. It turns out to be a smoke boom. Once the smoke clears, he disappeared as well.

"Carmen! Are you okay?" Julia said when she and Devineaux arrive a few seconds after he left. "Yes, thank you for asking"