Chapter 5: The Hope Diamond

Hello everyone, I just wanted to apologize because I didn't publish last week. I'm really sorry, been busy with school work lately. Hope you guys understand. Anyway, enjoy!

~a few days later~

Carmen Sandiego POV
"How's your arm?" I asked Shadowsan. "It's all good now, it was just dislocated" he said while punching the air.

"We've got lucky" I was frustrated by that comment by Shadowsan but I can't deny it.

If it wasn't for Chief who called the backup, he would've had gotten away with the painting.

"Carmen, look at this." Ivy shouted from the living room of our headquarters.

Reporters: The National museum of Natural history is closed due to the renovation. The Museum Director Kirk Johnson said earlier, the reason is because they wanted to add more spaces for the future items and as well to strengthen their security.

"Looks like we know where might be his next target is" I said. "Let's go!" Shadowsan stood up. I stop him from going anywhere "You need to rest" "It's okay Carmen. I can still fight. Besides you need all the help you can get to stop him." I can't deny what he just said.

"I hate it when you're right!" I whine.

~Meanwhile~

Harrison POV

~inside his private jet~

"Looks like we're going to kill two birds with one stone" I chuckled.

"Focus Harry, we still need to focus on our main mission remember." Alex reminded me. "You're right but once this is done. I'm gonna get that Diamond!"

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Alright, we need to observe the area." Shadowsan ordered.

All of us disguise ourselves as tourist right outside the museum. Shadowsan is taking some photos. Zack and Ivy use red drone to have a better view.

"I'm gonna sneak myself to the control room." "Be careful Red" "Sure thing player". I sneak inside, avoiding all the guards.

"I'm in" I notify Player, so he could start hacking. After a few minutes "I'm done" he said once he's done.

I told the rest of them that we should leave.

~Arrive at their hotel room~

"What's so special about this 'Hope Diamond' anyway?" Zack questions while walking back and forth. He could be nervous.

So I explain a little about it "The Hope Diamond is originally from India but was stolen and was sold to the richest. Its also a rare blue colour gem. The beautiful colour was due to amount of baron atoms. The diamond is also weight 45.52 carats, the diamond is worth around 200-350 million."

"Wow...." He was surprised. "So that's why." He gained more confident after that.

It is the night of the heist, we decided that me, Ivy and Shadowsan are the ones that should steal the diamond whilst Zack is our get away driver.

Chief even assign Julia and Devineaux for assistance. They will be our eyes in the sky.

We're being stealthy as possible because they've double the guards.

We arrive at the jewelry section and was surprised "Looks like the security in here finished first." I figured because it was filled with laser sensors .

"Player could you please handle this" "Already on it" he replied. It took him a few minutes but he got the job done.

We walk to the display. The diamond is in display as a necklace. I grab it "Huh, could I be wrong?" I whispered. "Let's not think about that. We need to get out" Shadowsan warned.

I placed the Diamond inside an armoured briefcase before we start moving.

We sneak our way out and drove away.

We are on our way to the hotel, "Why didn't he target this gem" I question myself. "Could he found something better?" Zack ask while driving.

"It can't be" Shadowsan denied about Zack claim. "Um.....Carm, is that car following us?"

I look behind us and saw a white sports car. It's going faster by the second. "Zack lose it!" I ordered. "Easy!" And he immediately speeds up.

He turn left and right trying to shake the other car. The white car is getting closer, "damn it! He's good" Zack complement. "Now's not the time Zack!" Ivy argue.

The white car is now next to us, the window went down and it was Mr No Face with someone driving the car in a racing suit and a helmet. Looks familiar though.

He pulls out his gun and pointed at me. He shows us a sign saying 'Give me the diamond'.

I shake my head as a signal I declined. He aims down and shot the back wheel of the car.

Zack losses control and crash.

Julia POV
I can't believe what I just witness. Even Devineaux is in shock. The mask man walk towards the crash. He smash the car window with his fist and pulls out a briefcase.

When he starts to walk away "We need to check on them now!" Devineaux starts packing the equipment.

He was about to move, when I grab his arm "What are you doing Julia?" "Look at this" I pass his binoculars.

He stopped, I didn't know why but then I look back at the car and noticed the gas is licking out.

Harrison POV
"What are you doing! Hurry up!" Driver urging me. "Harry what are you doing! Leave before the backup arrive." Even Alex told me so.

"It's not save!" I placed the briefcase gently and rush towards the crash car. I open the door and pull out one by one and drag them at a safe distance.

I then dash to grab the briefcase and got inside the car. "GO GO GO GO!" I ordered which she immediately respond.

I look back at the rear mirror and saw the car on flames.