Chapter 7: recruits

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Turn around now!" I scream louder. "I don't think so" he speaks and suddenly I noticed something in his hand.

He drops it, and we were blinded. It was a flash grenade.

When I finally got my vision back, they weren't there anymore. "Come on let's check out side" Julia suggest.

Which we respond with running outside, but we can't find them. "They've must escaped!" Devineaux said.

We ran outside and saw a few cars leaving. "Which one?" Devineaux was confused. "Don't worry, I got the tracker remember." I reminded them.

I look at it "That one!" And we rush to our car and chase it.

It was a high speed chase. "Devineaux get closer" I said. He managed to get on beside them. "Wha.." I heard Julia said before I jump on the other car.

I smash the window and saw the briefcase and quickly grab it. I jump back to our car and Devineaux press the break.

"Come on, let's go" I said after I got inside.

Once we're at a safe place, I open it and I was shocked "Carmen why....wait what?" Julia and Devineaux gave the same reaction. "It's empty!"

~At a unknown location~

Harrison POV
"Told you it would work" I said while tossing the diamond on my hands.

"Yup, they totally took the bait. They didn't even notice it was me." Driver tell her experienced and we laughed.

~Back to Carmen~

Carmen Sandiego POV
"I can't believe we've got tricked" I said to myself. Chief sigh, this time we meet her in person at one of ACME safe house.

"We can't just focus on him, we still have some loose Vile operative." Chief told us. "What do you suggest?" Shadowsan ask.

"How about you guys assemble a team to stop him. Don't worry, I'll even let you borrow some of my agent." I think for a moment, until "Starting with..." And a person appears.

"G...Gray?" I was speechless, he looks at me "Hello Black sheep" I immediately went to hug him.

"It's been months since the last time we saw each other." "Yeah" I could feel his hand on my head.

I pulled away from the hug and ask him "What are you doing here?" He chuckled "Didn't Chief told you already? I'm the new recruit"

"Wait so you're now a ACME agent" "Yeah, I just can't find a way to adept at the opera house anymore after getting my memories back, so I decided to join them and maybe got a chance to work together with you again." He explained his intention.

"From now on, his on your team. You can add more if you like" Chief says.

~a few days later at Carmen headquarters~

"So, this is our new team." Shadowsan said after seeing the new team I assembled. (Devineaux, Julia, Zack, Ivy, Shadowsan, Gray and Player)

"So everyone's here, well except for Player but he's in a video call" as I was about to continue what to say suddenly a call "Bad news Carmen" "What is it Chief?" I asked.

"Tigress escaped" "h.." I was about to ask but Chief immediately answer it  "She managed to open the cell bars and ran away, as if it was planned" "Is it?" "We don't know"

"Forget about that, we can't do anything about it unless we meet her" Shadowsan said in a serious tone.

"Anyway from now on we're Team Red." And I then show them their gears.

"I don't know, red is not my colour" Gray complaint. "Too bad, you'll just have to get use to it than" I teased him.

"So what should we do as our first mission?" Zack ask. "I have a plan."

~A week later~

Harrison POV
"So you're telling me, that the painting 'Whistler's mother' has been stolen?" "Yes" said Alexis calmly.

"By who?" I really want to who stole it. "She called herself 'The Duchess'". I was surprised "Sounds familiar, isn't that the person that Countess Cleo said we supposed to be meeting with at the private art auction she had months ago?"

She looks at me "How should I know." She complained. "Anyway, do you think you can get in touch with her?" "Maybe I could."

After a few minutes I got a response "She's got a buyer" Alex told me. "Who?" "Us." It took a moment.

"Jeez, you could have just told me that you managed to made a meeting with her" she burst laughing.

"So whens the meeting and where is it?" I changed the topic. "Here's the location." She shows me it but still struggling to hold her laugh.

~a few days later at the location~

Carmen Sandiego POV
"Alright, are you guys ready?" I asked them. All of them gave me the same response "Yes"

"Alright, let's do this" as I said that I put on the eye patch to complete my Duchess costume.