4 - The Dojo

It was about three o'clock when my dad reminded me I had my first lesson at Cobra Kai. I did not have my gi's, karate uniform, yet. I just wore some black shorts and a t-shirt. I thought about how Sam said they were bullies. I know she said to check out Miyagi Do, but there was no way I was going there. I am not a puppy. I can take some heat. Enough with all this find your balance bull shit. It was all crap. And sarah was in it, I could never be in the same room with her any longer than I had to.

I walked downstairs and got into the car. The dojo was about 5 minutes away. When I pulled up I was quite surprised. It looked bad ass, but it did not belong in this strip mall. I saw a bunch of kids walk in, including mo hawk kid. I grabbed my water and locked the car.

As soon as I walked in they were all stretching in their lines. The kid will brunette hair, I think his name was Miguel, waved me over.

¨Hey! Come stretch with us.¨ He patted a spot next to him. ¨I am Miguel. That's Tory, Aisha, and Sasha is usually here, but she is sick¨

I walked around and sat in the circle across from mo hawk kid.

¨So whats your name new girl?¨ A girl with dirty blonde hair asked me.

¨Raeylnn.¨ I leaned over touching my toes, stretching my legs. I saw the kid with the mo hawk roll his eyes.

¨Is there a problem..?¨ I said waving my hand for him to tell me his name.

¨Its Hawk and yeah there is. You just seem like you think you own the place.¨

¨Bruh how? I literally just sat down and stretched.¨ I snarled back at him.

¨But sitting with the miyagi nerds at lunch.¨ He said basically growling at me.

¨Moon was just showing me around and insisted on sitting with her. And I did not pick Miyagi do for a reason. They just called all of you bullies, but they seemed pretty stuck up themselves. Anyways, I heard you dated moon but she dumped you?¨ I said this with a petty voice which was not me at all, but he just got me so angry.

¨It wasn't like that..¨ He tried to finish, but Sensei Johnny interrupted telling everyone to fall in.

¨As you all can see there is a new girl. Her name is Raelynn.¨ He addressed the class.

¨Thank you, but I am a big girl I can introduce myself.¨ Everyone had this look on their face like I just made a mistake.

¨Lets see how much of a big girl you really are. Tory and Raelynn your up¨ Everyone moved out of the way except for Tory. ¨And remember this is your try out.¨

We both bowed and started to fight. I gave her a front kick to the stomach. It caught her off guard. I threw a punch, but she blocked with her arm. I threw two more punches, which she ducked under. I kicked her in her stomach again with a thrust kick. I tried to kick her one more time, but she swept my leg and slammed me to the floor. I rolled back over and got right up. She tried punching me several times, but I blocked them all.  She kicked me then looked at me for a second. I took advantage of her hesitation and tackled her to the ground. We both got up and she swept my leg again. She tried to help me up, but I flipped her over pinning her head to the ground.

¨Alright that's enough. Raelynn your accepted. Fall in you two.¨ Sensei smiled. Tory and I both bowed and got back in line.

The rest of practice was normal. We worked on our kicks and punches. When practice was over every one was talking about this party.

¨Raelynn! Come here!¨ Aisha yelled over to me. I walked over. ¨You did a great job today¨ Tory nodded agreeing with her.

¨No hard feelings?¨"I looked over at Tory.

¨Of course not. You deserved it girl.¨"She high fived me. ¨So there is this birthday party Yasmine and her friends are throwing. They are the rudest to Aisha, so we want to crash it and throw our own party before they get there. Wanna come?¨

¨Yeah I am totally in!¨ I smiled.

¨You can only come if you go to get the alcohol with us. Or are you too pussy?¨ Hawk said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I took his hand, elbowed his stomach, and swept him to the floor. ¨Don't put your hands on me again. Let's go.¨ I said walking towards the door. You should have seen the look on his face. We walked over to the store next door. We gathered all our drinks and Hawk was going to check out since he had a fake ID.

As he walked up I handed him my credit card. ¨The pin is 3856, my treat.¨ I said this sarcastically and laughing.

We waited to the side. Hawk and the guy exchanged a few words before Hawk looked over at us sticking is tongue out. I guess this means that the ID worked. Not gonna lie he looked pretty hot when he looked over at us. Oh my god! What was I thinking. He is a total jerk, I can't like him! Than I remembered about James. What was I thinking! I was in a relationship! I shook it off and we all walked out of the store. We took separate cars, boys in one car and girls in the other. We set up the party and waited for people to come.