8 - Talk

I walked over to my closet and grabbed some shorts and a t-shirt. I packed my gi's in my bag. There was a locker room at the dojo that I could change in. I walked to the bathroom to put my hair up. I usually put it in a high pony tail, but today i decided to do two dutch braids.

I grabbed my bag and headed to my car. Once I got to the dojo I headed straight for the locker room. I set my bag down and changed into my gi's. I walked out and went to stretch next to Tory and Sasha. Aisha, Hawk, and Miguel had just walked in and separated to the locker rooms. They came out and stretched next to us.

¨That head butt was awesome Raelynn.¨ Miguel reached for his toes.

¨Not as awesome as my goal.¨ Hawk smirked.

I rolled my eyes. ¨You would have gotten a second one if you let me help you up after Demetri laid you flat on your ass.¨ I laughed.

¨Everybody fall in.¨ Sensei walked out of his office.

¨I didn't need your help.¨ Hawk raised his voice.

¨Yeah right!¨ I got in his face.

¨QUITE!¨ Sensei yelled. ¨Since you two think fighting is more important then following my directions, you can start sparring for today.¨

Everybody moved out of the way. We took our fighting stances. Hawk threw a punch and I dodged it ducking under his arm. I grabbed his head and kneed him to the chest. I side kicked him and he bent over from the impact.

¨Oh its on princess!¨ Hawk front kicked me.

¨Never call me that. I am not one of your bitches¨ I charged at him in rage, tackling him to the ground.

I jumped down on his stomach with me knee. He hopped up in a bent stance on his feet and swiped my leg from underneath me. I sat there for a second and back rolled over on to my feet. He came at me and I stepped out of the way. He pivoted his foot, turned around and threw a wild punch. I put my hand up and blocked. I grabbed his arm and threw up over my shoulder to the ground. On the ground he kicked me away to give himself time to get up. He tornado kicked me to the ground. He came in running for a knee to my chest, but I swept his legs in last desperation and he fell next to me. We both were fading in and out.

¨That's enough. Sasha and Wyatt your next.¨ Sensei signaled them to help us up.

Sasha gave me her hand and I grasped it, getting up on my feet. Wyatt helped Hawk up.

¨Not bad Raelynn.¨ Hawk and I went back to our spots standing next to each other.

¨You weren't too bad yourself there Hawk. But I still hate you.¨ I laughed.

¨i hate you too.¨ He smirked.

Sasha and Wyatt started to fight. She was really good. She was small, but powerful. I could tell we were going to be great friends. Her movements were small, so her opponent never knew they were coming. She had this one move where she grabbed Wyatt's shoulders from behind and jumped up with her knees to his back and sent him flying.

¨What was that.¨ I whispered to Tory next to me.

¨Oh that is her personal move. She calls it the back stabber.¨ Tory whispered back.

Practice ended and we all went back to the locker rooms to change. We were all going to grab some food after at the mall. I was driving everyone. We walked out. My heart dropped. It was james, he was leaning on my car waiting for me.

¨Is that...?¨ Tory tapped my shoulder.

¨Yup¨ I cut her off. ¨Just wait by my car. Tell the others I will be there in a second.¨

I walked over to james. He gave me hug. He usually always greeted me with a kiss, but I could tell that was not going to happen. We walked over and sat on the curb.

¨Your dad told me you would be here, but I need to tell you something. Please just let me finish before you say anything.¨ He grabbed my hand that was resting on my thigh.

I nodded my head.

¨So we have been super distant. I felt a disconnection and I know you feel it too. I thought that this long distance thing would work, but I don't think I can. I can easily just blame this on long distance, but you deserve the truth. I met this really cool girl and her name is Elle. Don't worry we never did anything, I could never do that to you, but I feel a connection with her. I wanted to come in person to tell you that I think we need to..¨ he took his hand away.

¨Break up.¨ I lowered my head. ¨I understand.¨

¨Wait your not mad?¨ He looked confused.

¨No, I think we both saw this coming for a while and we were just waiting for who was gonna do it. I am glad you found someone else. I hope we can stay friends?¨ I looked up at his eyes.

¨Yes of course.¨ He smiled.

We continued to talk for a few minutes just catching up on what was going on. I made sure to tell him to take care of Liv and Alexa for me. However, I know he told me about Elle, but I did not tell him about Hawk. I admit, I might have some sort of feelings for Hawk. I could not figure out whether that was hatred or something else. I chose not to tell james because he was a hot head and I know he would try to start a fight. james was kinda tough, but he would get his ass kicked by Hawk. We ended the conversation and got up. I walked him to his car and gave him one final hug. We would always be friends. He drove off and I walked back over to the group.

¨What do you mean boyfriend?!¨ Hawk questioned Tory. His back was turned to me and did not know I was coming. Sasha quickly lightly hit him warning him I was walking over.

¨Not anymore.¨ I interrupted.

Hawk smiled, but quickly turned it into a fake frown ¨Oh I'm sorry.¨

¨Its okay, It needed to happen. It was mutual anyways.¨ Tory, Aisha, and Sasha walked over to hug me. ¨Alight now it is time for some food!¨ Everyone got in my car and we drove to the food court at the mall.