26 - Car Wash Beat Down

All of our two week suspensions were up today. I was dreading having to go back to school without Aisha. The vibe was not good when she wasn't around. I am really going to miss her. Plus, I have to face sarah today. I feel really bad about what I did to her. She may be really cool for all I know. We never actually got to know each other. I just hated her from the beginning, and honestly it was for no reason. I mean she kind of started it with her glares and her shoves, but maybe there is an explanation.

The idea I had while talking to Sasha, before asshole Hawk interrupted, was going down today after school. We planned a car wash with Sam and the other Miyagi Do crew. The money we raise from it is going to Miguel's surgery cost. Speaking of his surgery he already went through it. He told us it went well, but he still as no movement. The doctor said it would take time. Johnny is trying his best to help, but Carmen, Miguel's mom, is taking a more caring route of recovery. Johnny was obviously opposed to this and wanted a more hard core route. Sasha and I were going to help to keep Johnny in check and to relieve some stress from Carmen.

---

I went through the stupid new security today. I understand though, Tory ruined it for all of us. She really had to take it that far and use weapons. I still haven't talked to her or Alexa. I mean I can't even call her Alexa because it's not the Alexa I know and love.

I noticed Sam about to go up the stairs, but she just stopped and started to breath heavy. Next thing I knew she was out the door. I saw Hawk and avoided him at all costs. I even went to class early to try to avoid them. At least I wouldn't have to deal with Tory since she was expelled.

When I sat down in first period I noticed sarah still had some bruising around her eye. From me.

"Hey sarah is I-" I set my backpack on the floor.

"Save it!" She barked back at me.

"Relax. I'm kidding. Sam already told me everything." She turned her glare into a small smile. "You know it's pretty cool of you to do that."

"To do what?" I didn't know which part of my redemption she was talking about.

"All of it. Telling off Cobra Kai, helping Miguel, fixing stuff with Sam, the car wash today. You're changing and I like it." Her smile grew bigger.

"Thank you, but I still need to give you a proper apology. I am sorry for everything and I mean everything. But you do know I am just back to the person I was before Tory got in my head, and you hated me then too." I realized this mid apology.

"And I am sorry for not giving you a chance. I have trouble letting people in." She frowned.

"It's okay." I noticed her frown still was upon her face. "What's wrong?"

"It's just, my parents sent Juni away to boarding school after the fight. He has had an attitude lately so they thought it was for the best. I really miss him." I felt bad for her. That's her brother. I know what it feels like to loose people, I lost my old friends, Alexa, the sweet in my boyfriend, it isn't fair.

I got up from my chair and gave her a warm hug. To my surprise she hugged back. Maybe we could be friends. We didn't say anything for the rest of the period.

---

"Hey Demetri!" I walked over to him and he looked a little timid. "Don't worry I am not going to hurt you, that's Hawk not me."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just being extra cautious." He apologized.

"It's okay, I understand. Their all assholes. Are you coming to the car wash?"

"Yeah of course. Miguel isn't one of them, he didn't deserve any of this." Demetri and I both agreed to this.

"I heard you are in need of a new dojo." He bumped my shoulder and smirked.

"No, no way. I like you guys now and all, but I am no snowflake. I don't do that soft stuff." I shook my head.

"Ugh fine." He looked upset.

I felt someone brush by my arm harshly. There she was, Alexa. She just turned her head and gave me an evil smirk.

---

Sam was in much better spirits at the car wash. Moon had brought the cheer team and man did they attract customers. It was honestly really fun. We all were washing cars in the hot sun and dancing around to music. I have really grasped a liking to these Miyagi's.

We raised enough money for Miguels surgery and more! We were still going to give him all of it because he really deserved the extra cash. It could help pay the other hospital bills too. It was beginning to get dark and everyone had gone home except Sam and I. We were cleaning up.

"Hey. I am really sorry, but my dad wants me to go on this early morning fishing trip tomorrow. I quit karate and it's just him trying to convince me to start again. Besides, the point is I have to get to bed because I have to wake up early. Do you think you will be okay with the rest?"

"Yeah I will be fine, you go ahead." I was picking up some garbage.

"Thanks! You're the best!" Sam grabbed her bag and left.

I was wrapping up and about to leave when I heard commotion coming from around the corner. I dropped my bag and rushed to the corner of the building. There Hawk and his friends we beating up on Nate, a little kid. I remembered he had the money from today.

"Hawk what the fuck are you doing!?" I ran up and grabbed Nate. He fell into my arms. "It's okay, I've got you." I dragged him back a little.

"What were just having a little bit of fun." He waved around the envelope with the money.

"No you're not. You're all crazy." I ripped the money out of his hand.

"Come on. You're my girl, come back to Cobra Kai and ditch these Miyagi looser. You belong with us." He let out a chuckle.

"You think this is funny!? I don't belong to Cobra Kai, I belong with Sensei Lawrnce. And I am not you're girl. I am Eli's/old Hawk's girl. I don't know who you are, but your not mine. We're over!" I begin to walk away with Nate in my arms.

"No were not! I said I love you, this can't be over!" He yelled after me.

I stopped and turned around. "No you didn't, old Hawk did." I walked away to my car.

I heard their motorcycles start. The sound of the roaring engine faded away. I got in my car and dropped Nate of at his house. That night I wrote "Dear Diary, we fell apart." next to my first journal entry about Hawk.