29 - Change is in the Air

Thank god. It was finally Friday, and my birthday! I turned 17 today. I was born at 130 AM so I am technically officially 17. I usually stay up until then with Alexa, but you already know that story. I am just upset that I lost my best friend. It's like a new person is living in her body.

After I got ready for school, no my parents don't let me skip school on my birthday, I of course posted to instagram

Liked by Hawk_11, miguel.diaaaaaz, sashabankswwe, and 243 others

"Surprise!" My dad and mom were standing there with the kitchen decorated.

"Here is your birthday present." My mom handed me a envelope with my name on it.

I opened it and a check came floating out. I picked it off the ground and read the card. It read, Happy birthday my angel! I can't believe your already 17! I know things have been a little rough lately so I thought you could use a get away. Here is some money for your trip to back home! You can bring any of your friends. Stay safe and have fun!

"No way! Thank you mom and dad!" I gave them a big hug.

"Liv's mom already said that you could stay with them! Limit of friends is 5."

"Perfect!" I know just who I want to invite.

Time skip to math class

He seriously just sat next to me after what they did yesterday. Hawk literally stayed on Kreese's side after everything I told him and after everything he saw yesterday!

"How's Alexa's face?" I said angrily still looking down at my paper.

"Rae I am sorry, but I have to take orders. I didn't want to do that, but Kreese and everyone else did and I am not being the only pussy not to go. And Alexa has a bruise on her face, that was awesome by the way. She should have never lied to me."

"She lied to you because of your friend Tory. All the people around you did this to her. When will you get it!?"

"Okay enough of this for one day. Here, happy birthday." He handed me a box and then walked away to his friends.

I opened it to reveal a necklace with a shark tooth on it and a note. It read, I thought a bad ass like you could use one of these.

I smiled at the thought that he not only remembered my birthday, but got me a gift

I smiled at the thought that he not only remembered my birthday, but got me a gift. He picked the right thing too. I put it around my neck and shoved the note in my backpack. I wanted to keep it because to be honest, I think it resembles change in him. I think he might be changing.

After class

"Looks good on you." Hawk smirked as I walk out of class.

"Thank you. You too!" I noticed the same necklace on him and laughed at the thought of his friends making fun of us matching.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be here for two weeks." I put my hand in my pockets because I was nervous that he wouldn't care.

"What why!?" He said frantically.

"My birthday present was a trip to my home town with my friends. I leave tomorrow morning."

"You can't leave! I'm gonna miss you." He put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hawk it's only two weeks. We only have one class together and your friends are in this class too. You will be fine. Just promise me you will help me with math work when I get back." I laughed.

"Of course, but only if I get a goodbye hug." He gave a evil smile.

I wrapped my arms around him. I missed this. I really do miss this. I miss him.

Lunch

I made Miguel and Sasha sit with Moon, Yasmine, Demetri, sarah , and Sam today. I decided that this would be a great time to ask them my big question.

"Do you guys want to go on a 2 week road trip with me!?" I cringed at the fact they were most likely going to say no.

"OMG yes I need a school break!" Sasha says.

"Me 2" Moon says.

"Me 3" Sam says.

"Me 4" Yasmine says.

"Me 5" sarah says.

"Wait are you all serious!? We leave tomorrow and it is to my hometown and I were staying with my friend Liv. And sorry boys, but only girls allowed." I laugh.

"I didn't want to go anyway." Miguel annoyingly said.

"Me either." Demetri pouted.

"It's okay, I will call you everyday." Yasmine held his hand. Oh yeah, they were dating now. Their relationship developed from when Hawk and I saw them kissing at the Halloween dance.

"And yes I am serious." Yasmine says with a smile. Yasmine really did change from before. She was actually nice now. Demetri changed her.

"Okay put a hand in if you are definitely in!"

They all put their hand in! Yes I am so excited!