i

03.03.21

A/N: welcome my lovely little children. Ennnjoooyyyyyyy

(P.S. this chapter was also in my One Shot Book. I'll have a new one out eventually though.)

"Next up we got new song by Harry Styles, Carolina..."

I almost choked on my drink as I heard the words come from the radio and the up beat music started to play.

Carolina by who now?!

"She's got a family in Carolina, so far away but she says I remind her of home..."

"He did fucking not." I mutter to myself, as the lyrics travel through the sun filled yard.

It was exactly May 12, and I was supposed to be enjoying my weekend in L.A. but noooo.

Harry and I may have hooked up a couple weeks ago. And I may have subtly mentioned to him about growing up in Carolina.

Oh good lord. I thought to myself as I set my drink down and picked up my phone. I already had a message from Kate.

From Kate
Sent at 2:03 pm
HARRY STYLES JUST RELEASED A SONG CALLED CAROLINA!! WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM?!

I roll my eyes. I love Kate, but that's not what I'm after.

I click the top of my screen in the message app and type in a series of numbers.

To Harry:
Sent at 2:08 pm
What. The. Actual. Fuck.

He had given me his number just in case. I never intended on actually saying anything to him, I don't usually talk to people after one night stands, but when they write a song about you and you hear it on national radio....? Yeah. I'm gonna have to make an exception.

I figured he was going to be in some kind of interview right now, taken it was past midday and he just released an album today, but I was willing to wait.

I texted Kate back.

To Kate:
Sent at 2:10 pm.
I don't want to talk about it...

From Kate:
Sent at 2:12 pm.
Aria Louise Towns. You told him something. He used your name in his song, annnnndddd mentioned your whole situation with Barb.

Wait what?

I decided to go out on a limb and look of the lyrics. Probably gonna regret it later but it's fiiinnnneee.

I clicked on the google search and started to read out loud.

"She's got a family in Carolina, so far away but she says I remind her of home, feeling oh so far from home....she never saw herself as a west coaster, moved all the way cause her grandma told her 'Towns, better swim before you drown'...."

Skipped to the chorus.

"She's a good girl, she's such a good girl, she's a good girl, she feels so good."

Goddamn.

Skipped to the next verse.

"She's got a book for every situation, gets into parties without invitations how could you ever turn her down, there's not a drink that I think could sink her, how do I tell her that's she's all I think about, well I guess she just found out."

Well shit.

Skipped the chorus.

"I met her once and wrote a song about her, I wanna scream yeah I wanna shout it out, and I hope she hears me now."

Oh my fucking god.

My phone buzzed.

From Harry:
Sent at 2:15 pm:
I assume you heard the song?? ;)

To Harry:
Sent at 2:17 pm
Yeah. And looked up the damn lyrics.

To Harry:
Sent at 2:18 pm
"How do I tell her that she's all I think about, well I guess she just found out."

From Harry:
Sent at 2:20 pm
Bingo :)

To Harry
Sent at 2:23 pm
We need to meet somewhere and talk about this, Harry Fucking Styles.