CHAPTER 1: INTO YOU - Part 1: The First Encounter

Lichelle's Point of View

Today is Friday, and I was here at the bus stop with other passengers, waiting for the bus. Some are seniors, while others are high school students with two children.

I am now in my twenties.

Others have often asked me why I have never been in a relationship. Some made fun of me for it, but I shrugged it off.

I never envied people who had loved ones, no matter how old they were. Because I don't think I have those kinds of feelings or emotions for others that I don't even know. I am not very interested in them. That is why I appear cold to others.

Music is the one thing that can make me both pleased and sad at the same time. Whether it is from another country,

"The bus is finally here," the old guy said. The bus came to a halt and opened the door for passengers to enter.

When I got on the bus, I chose and sat in an empty seat near the window, listening to my favorite song and gazing out the window.

I close my eyes when a tear falls down my cheek, responding to the song's emotion.

I didn't realize I was already at the next bus stop until a man approached me, grabbing the left side of my headphones and inserting them into his ear.

"Hey! What song are you now listening to? " He said, and I can't respond because I don't recognize him and his face is too close to mine, as if we were attempting to kiss.

"Did you cry? But why? " He said it again, wiping my tears away with both of his hands. I'm not sure how to face the unexpected situation.

That damn music was still playing in this kind of situation; we were looking at each other.

"There's no need to explain anything to me. I now understand, "he said, leaning his head on my shoulder.

I just ignored him and let him rely on me. I don't care about it, but I'm just bothered by his body heat. I looked at him for a second and he was sitting comfortably while listening to my music.

We didn't talk.

The bus came to a halt a few moments ago. After returning the left earbuds to my ear, that man stood up and left.

I was pleased that he was already gone from my sight.

(The next day)

I'd never dreamed of anything. I woke up late. So I went to school and participated in an afternoon class. I'm still so tired that I didn't realize the topic was in class. When class ended, my friend hit me on the head.

"Lichelle, you're crazy! How dare you sleep in class? "My friend Shuji said, squeezing my cheek. "As an answer, I grumbled." But she's still poking my cheek.

"Please let me sleep for another minute, Shuji," I murmured, stopping her.

"Hey, Shuji! Let her sleep. Everyone has the right to sleep if they are sleepy. " My friend Lou said from his seat.

Shuji walks over to Lou's seat to softly giggle at Lou's face with both of her hands, scolding Lou.

"Lou! How come you're also sleeping? I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the both of you. " With a sigh, Shuji murmured.

"Hey Shuji, let me squeeze your cheek as well," Lou remarked, making me yawn and rise from my chair.

"Hey, stop that," I yelled as I grabbed Shuji's arm (yawning).