CHAPTER 1 INTO YOU - PART 7: The sun sets when the past arisen

Lichelle's Point of view

Last night was unpleasant. Even avoiding him causes pain. I'm aware that he has already made me fall for him. But what were those signs that he didn't mean it? Is it possible that he was looking for me that night? I cover my eyes with both of my hands, exhausted.

I was just here with my mother on the train on our way to my father's hometown.

Because my father's hometown was close to the ocean, I opted to spend my vacation there. To unwind and take in the breathtaking scenery.

My mom was sleeping near me as I was thinking about him.

My phone vibrates suddenly.

"Would you want peach or pink?" comes a text message from my friend Ace, but I don't answer because we have arrived at our destinations.

My father stood outside, his vehicle next to him.

"Dad!" I called out, pleasantly waving my hand. He lovingly welcomed me with a warm hug.

"It's been a long time, my lovely daughter," he murmured as I turned to face my mother, who just smiled at us.

"Uh!" said my mother. Although I am aware that they are already divorced, they don't dare hug each other.

I can't help but be happy now that we're in my father's hometown because I want to go to the beach and swim alone.

After we got to my father's place, I excitedly headed to the beach by myself. There were a lot of people there. I sat on the ground to feel the sand as I played with my hands and wiggled them. Even though it's a little hot here, I can see the color of the ocean in blue.

I stayed there for a while, even though I didn't swim there. After that, I headed back home.

/

It's my second day in my father's hometown, and I'm not getting tired of going back and forth to the beach, even if I'm alone, because I'm so relaxed.

"Big sis, can you help me find my mama?" pleaded a cute female child as she tugged at my blouse. Even though she did not cry, she seemed filthy and abandoned, so I assisted her in finding her mother.

"Kiddo, how did you get lost?" I said, but she didn't respond, instead tightly grasping my shirt as we started walking together.

She's terrified, but I know she's in control of herself. Seeing her reminds me of when I was lost here as well.

That was when I was nine years old. I also requested assistance from someone I didn't know and trusted until I could find my parents. That is why, when someone is missing, I will do to them what the woman did to me.

"Kiddo, take this. I assure you we'll find her after finishing this ice cream, "I said as I offered her a chocolate ice cream and brushed her hair. She grinned.

I'm pleased she didn't react. I also get one ice cream cone for myself. We eat our ice cream close to the ice cream vendor.

I then notice a woman rushing up to us.

"Oh my god, my daughter, are you fine? How did you get here? " She said, her eyes welling up with tears.

I am so happy that they reconciled.

As her daughter informed her, the child's mother was extremely grateful to me. So she handed me a carton of ice cream coupons.

After that, I planned to go home, but then I saw the sun setting and decided to stop for a moment to photograph it. I miss playing with my friends as a kid. As a result, I recall that Ace, who had texted me earlier. I called his phone number.