chapter: twenty-five

scared

It turned out that it was not a great idea to do absolutely nothing for school during the break. It was just the first week after the break and the professors await a lot more engagement from all of us.

I was fucked.

Hermione, of course, was the only one from our group who had studied at least an hour per day — not that she needed it. She saved my ass multiple times during classes by slipping me a note with the answers. A gift sent from above.

Unfortunately, we got caught and Hermione and I had to attend detention. A new record; we've never got detention in our first week. Fred and George were the only ones out of our friends who managed this; they were quite proud of us.

Hermione kept slipping me notes during classes, but I refused to accept them. I didn't want her to get into any further trouble just because I was 'too busy' to study during the break.

It was my own fault. To be honest, I wasn't able to fully concentrate during my classes since I only thought about the other night at Malfoy Manor.
In addition to that — as if this wasn't enough already — predicted Professor Trelawney in Divination class that something terribly bad is going to happen and we — my friends and I — are going to be involved in this.

Just as always, you might think. But there was a difference this time; I truly believed every single word of hers.

After I came back to the Burrows that night, I told Ron, Harry, and Hermione everything that has happened and Harry finally spoke about his dream that night.

Death Eaters gathered in what looked like a shop, he said. He hasn't seen it before and has no clue what shop it might be. The Death Eaters were fixated on something that looked like a cabinet. Some of the Death Eaters were masked, but others were clearly identifiable; Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback, the Carrow siblings, and Lucius Malfoy.

Harry didn't see my father in his dreams, but I think that he is probably one of the masked ones; coward.

Draco didn't come back to the Burrows, though.

A letter arrived the next morning. His father found out about him spending the break at the Burrows and not at the Zabinis.

I racked my brain over how Lucius could've found out. How? There was no way. There was no way that he could've found out on his own.

Draco assured me that he is going to be fine, but I knew that he won't. I was so scared for him. What would his father do to him? Deep down, I knew exactly what Draco would be going through; and it made my heart ache.

My fear became reality. I met Draco on Sunday, right after we arrived back at Hogwarts. He has bruises all over his torso and fresh cuts on his back — but he still claimed that he was fine.

**

"What do you guys think?" Harry asked. "We should assemble the DA again. Hermione, do the galleons still work?" he added.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think so," confirmed Hermione.

Everything got somewhat weird since our talk at the Burrows. Hermione tells me that she loves me and asks me if I am alright more often than usual, Ron can't keep his hands to himself; not in a sexual way, though. He always holds Hermione close as if he feared that she would just slip away if he doesn't, and Harry spent every single minute he could offer with Ginny; as if it was their last time together.

They were scared.

"You're right, Harry. It's good to prepare for what's coming. And it'll be good if the others are prepared, too." said Ron, and I agreed with him.