Prologue

1st September 1991

"I love you, my dear. Take care of yourself and have lots of fun!" my mom told me as she hugged my tightly to say goodbye. "Draco, please take care of my daughter." my dad patted Draco on the back. "Him taking care of me?" I giggled. "I'll probably have to take care of him." everyone started laughing and Draco slightly pushed my shoulder.

"Just take care of each other." Narcissa pleaded. "We will!" Draco responded. We looked at each other and smiled.

We waved one last goodbye to our parents before we got into the Hogwarts Express. This was going to be the best time of our lives.

We already had lots of fun during the train ride. We ate lots of sweets and discussed about our expectations for our first year in Hogwarts. We were wondering what the Slytherin common room would look like. You might be wondering why we were so sure about us being in Slytherin, let me explain.

Mine and Dracos families are the most well-known and wealthiest pureblood families in the wizarding world. Everyone from my and Dracos family are in Slytherin and so we knew we have to be in Slytherin as well.

As we finally arrived at Hogwarts an old lady welcomed us. Her name was Professor McGonagall, she seemed very friendly.

She demanded us to follow her and so did everyone. We arrived in front of a very large door. I was just so impressed by the entire castle. It was breathtaking.

The door opened and we walked in a large hall. There were four really long tables with lots of students sitting on them. All eyes were on us.

McGonagall stopped in front of a chair with a hat on it. She explained to us that she'll call us by our names, we'll have to sit on the chair, she'll put the hat on our heads and the head will sort us into our houses. Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

"Potter, Harry" that was the name she called first. I could remember hearing my Mom and Dad mention the name 'Potter' one time or another. He got sorted into Gryffindor.

The Sorting took its course as the Professor finally called Dracos name.

The hat wasn't even fully on his head as it said Slytherin. I clapped my hands and smiled at him. The Slytherin table cheered for him. He was so proud and I couldn't wait to finally get sorted into Slytherin as well-

"Granger, Hermione"

"Weasly, Ronald"

"Zabini, Blaise"

"Parkinson, Pansy"

"Griffin, Scarlett"

Finally. Finally it was my turn. I sat down on that chait full of confidence.

I saw Draco looking at me, waiting for me to finally sit down next to him.

It took a while for the Sorting Hat to sort me into my house. It seemed like he couldn't choose one for me. I got quite nervous.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Thats what it said. The hat sorted me into Gryffindor. I was shocked, but it wasn't really matter to me in what house I got sorted in.

I heard the Gryffindor table cheer for me, being happy to recieve an other member. My eyes flew to Draco who didn't had an excited expression on his face anymore. He kind of looked at me in disgust and I felt so bad.

I got up from the chair and went over to the Gryffindor table. I sat down next to a girl. She reached her hand out for me. "I'm Hermione Granger." she smiled at me. I took her hand and shook it. "Scarlett. Scarlett Griffin."

After I greeted Harry Potter and Ronald Weasly, I looked over to the Slytherins. Draco was still looking at me with a reproachful and disgusted face.

This was the moment that changed everything for me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'real' story starts with the next chapter but this one was neccessary to get a short look into the situation. I hope you enjoyed it! Let me know with a comment and a vote. Thank you very much <33