chapter: nine

butterflies

When the Christmas holidays first started, I was happy about leaving Hogwarts for a while, heading to my father, having some me time. Now, I was glad that the holiday was ending today. Couldn't wait to see my friends again.

Christmas was decent. My father came back from the event early in the next morning, fully drunk. He had to sleep off his intoxication.

I didn't expect Christmas gifts from my father. I haven't got any since my mother died, but I was fine with it. I didn't want anything from him. Nothing he could buy.

Surprisingly, I still have got a present. I don't know from whom. After I woke up, I found a tiny black box with a silver bow on my nightstand. There was a note with it. It just said Merry Christmas.

No name, no initials.

I know for sure that it wasn't from my father. But I had no clue who gave it to me.

When I opened the box, I found a beautiful necklace in it. It had a butterfly pendant on it. I loved butterflies as a child, I still do. I used to say that they are the most beautiful creatures in this world. They're just so fascinating.

The butterfly was pink, my favorite color, and there was something engraved on the back:

For the most beautiful creature in this world.

I was so overwhelmed. I didn't know who gave this to me but I love this necklace. I immediately put it on and I'm sure I'll never take it off again.

༄ ༄

As I walked through the Hogwarts Express to find my friends' compartment, I made sure that my new necklace shows off. I wanted my friends to admire it.

It didn't take me long to find the compartment where Hermione, Ron and Harry sat in. I opened the door and immediately recognized the scent that made me feel comfortable.

"There you are. I thought you took the wrong train." Ron said jokingly. "Terribly funny." I responded sarcastically. I sat down next to Ron, in front of Hermione. Harry sat besides her. "How was your Christmas?" Hermione asked. "Decent" I shrugged my shoulders. "How about you all?"

Everyone talked a little about their Christmas. Harry told us that Dudley had almost explode of anger as he noticed there were only 31 presents instead of 32 presents under the tree. This boy really is pathetic. All of us bursted into laughers.

"That is a really beautiful necklace you got there, Scar" Ron complimented as he noticed. I grabbed it and smiled to myself. "Thank you" I responded. "It really is. Did you get it from your father?" Hermione asked. I chuckled. "No, of course not" "Well, who got you this then?" she asked. "I- I don't know" all of them had a confused look on their faces, so I started to tell the story of how I got this necklace.

After I told the story, they tried to figure out who could have gave it to me. Unfortunately, they were just as clueless as I was.

Right before we arrived, Hermione announced something. "I almost forgot it, guys" she searched in her bag for something. "I brought something from the muggle world" she pulled a small bag out of her backpack with green content.

All of our eyes widened in joy. "You brought weed?" Harry asked excitedly. "Yeah, only the best" Hermione had a proud expression on her face. She is amazing. "I'd say, you and Ron come over to mine and Scarletts dorm tonight and we'll enjoy the night". "Great idea" I said, winking at her. "I'm in" Harry nodded. "Me too" Ron added.

༄ ༄ ༄

Hermione and I were unpacking our stuff in our dorm in silence until she interrupted it. "Hey, Are you alright, sweetheart? You have been all quite since we arrived in Hogwarts" I looked up from my suitcase to see her looking at me with a worried face. "I'm alright, just tired" I gave her a weak smile.