chapter: four

Letty

"Good morning, class." Professor Lupin greeted. "We are going to do a partner project for the next few weeks. You and your partner will pick one dangerous magical creature, you'll do researches about it and prepare a presantation to present to the class in two weeks."

"Hate it already." Ron sighed. Hermione and I turned around to Ron who sat behind us, besides Harry. "Oh, come on, Ron. It's not going to be that bad." I responded.

I love Defence Against The Dark Arts. It was one of my favourite classes, actually. And I was excited to do a presentation together with Hermione. I loved working with her.

"For this time I decided to do something new." Hermione and I turned around to Lupin again as he continued. "You don't get to choose your partners yourself, this time. I'll do it for you."

"Huh?" I looked at Hermione. This is going to be interesting.

"I'll partner up a Gryffindor with a Slytherin, so some of you also get to know each other better." groaning was heard from the other side of the room. Alright, we weren't enthusiastic about this either but they didn't have to let it out like that.

Actually, I was a bit scared about the thought that I might get partnered up with Draco. We haven't talked to each other since detention. Yeah, he called me names or insulted my friends every now and then, but we didn't had a conversation like the one we had in the class room.

"So, the name I call first will get up and sit next to the name I say afterwards. Alright, Harry Potter and Blaise Zabini." Harry got up and sat down next to Blaise. I secretly hoped that I'd get partnered up with Blaise. Blaise is one of the few Slytherins that are bearable. He was never mean to any of us, even though he is one of Dracos closest friends. He always keeps himself in the back.

"Hermione Granger and Pansy Parkinson."

Hermione got up and rolled her eyes. She looked at me once again and made a motion like shes about to gag. I giggled at this.

"Seamus Finnigan and Vincent Crabbe."

"Daphne Greengrass and Neville Longbottom."

"Gregory Goyle and Katie Bell."

The more names were called, the more nervous I became. I haven't got my partner yet, and so did Draco. Internally, i prayed to god to have mercy on me.

"Adrian Pucey and Scarlett Griffin."

Thank god.

I didn't know much about Adrian Pucey. I know, he's one of Dracos friends but not a close one. They're also in the quidditch team together. And that was everything I knew.

"Hey." he sent me a smile as he sat down next to me. "Adrian." he stuck his hand out, waiting for me to take it. "Scarlett." I said as I shook his hand. Maybe it's not going to be that bad, though. And also.. he is very handsome.

"Draco Malfoy and Ronald Weasley."

I turned around to Ron, he sank down in his chair. He hated partner projects and now he had to work with Malfoy. I pity him, to be honest.

"I am not going to work with Weaslebee." Draco hissed. "Yes, you will, Mr Malfoy. Otherwise, you won't pass this class." Lupin answered.

Draco rolled his eyes. Classic. "My father will her about this." he mumbled under his breath.

I was still facing Rons table as Draco slammed his book on the table and sat down next to him. I laughed a little.

"The fuck you laughing at, Griffin?" Draco grumbled. I shook my head slightly, shrugging my shoulders. "Nothing." I turned around, still giggling.