Chapter Thirteen

It's been about a week since Elemental was brought into the hospital. The doctor's are still amazed how he bounced back to his feet so quickly, so I need to start thinking of excuses for him in the future. I also need to get proper documentation... is it too late to get an illegal birth certificate? I'll need a passport too if we wanna go places. Again there's no way in heck I'm letting Elemental alone in my house.
But anyways I'm about to go pick him and Ryan up from the hospital. Ryan wants to take Ele to a restaurant to celebrate his recovery. I'm really not a big fan of the idea... knowing Memory is out there trying to hurt me, and especially Elemental. But Elemental was thrilled about the idea so I don't wanna disappoint him. That hospital food was disgusting!
I grab my keys to the car and before I leave I grab Ele's hoodie. It took forever to mend it up but I'm proud of how unnoticeable the bullet holes are. Opening the garage door I head to the front seat and swing open the door. Tossing the hoodie onto the passenger seat I start the car and back my way out of the driveway.
It's been getting cooler outside lately. Florida isn't known for any snow but I don't have to turn any air conditioning on in the fall and winter seasons. Elemental's never experienced real snow before. I mean yes he knows what it is, but I don't know if steves can feel temperature drops. Does it even matter when it only snows in certain biomes? But enough rambling. I'll think of vacationing another time...

***

   I make it to the hospital and park a little ways away from the entrance. Hopping out I scan the doors and look for any recognizable faces. That shouldn't be too hard since I'm looking for a sentient being with red hair and yellow eyes.
Just then I see Ryan leading Elemental out by the hand. It's easy to get their attention as I wave them over from afar.
"Sabre!" Ryan cheers dragging Elemental along.
"Hey you two!" I smile and turn to Ele to taunt him, "how's the human target been?"
"Very funny..." Elemental groans, "a bit sore but a lot better now!"
"Great! So Ryan where did you wanna take us again?" I ask Ryan.
Ryan grins, "just a fast food restaurant. I saw one this big guy might like deeper into the city."
"That sounds good," I open the car door to the passenger seat, and grab Ele's hoodie tossing it to him, "you might be needing this."
"You fixed it!" Elemental seemed thrilled.
"Don't ruin it a second time okay?" I mocked which made Elemental a bit moody.
"How was I supposed to know I'd get shot?"
"Ladies ladies you're both beautiful!" Ryan interrupted, "can we go eat now?"
I laugh, "fine." Elemental sits in the back while Ryan and I get in the front. As I drive out of the parking lot I notice Elemental's facial expression. I was expecting him to be more happy but he seems more lost in thought. Like he's thinking about something. Did I bring up a bad memory or something? Note to self: go easy on him about the memory incident. I take a mental note and move on.

                                        ***

   After getting a table and some menus we start deciding what we want to eat. Ryan's having a big burger and I'm getting a chicken burger. With a bit of thinking and suggesting, Elemental settled for what Ryan was having. As Ryan was reading, I swear something clicked in his head because he immediately asked Elemental this out of nowhere.
   "Can you read enchantment words?"
   "Hm?" Elemental looked up at him.
   "You know what enchantment tables and books are right?" He continued, "does your kind know how to read that stuff?"
   "Ryan don't ask that out loud!" I whisper yell thinking this question was too out of the ordinary and suspicious.
   "Oh! Actually we do," Elemental pepped up eager to share, "and it's called the Galactic Alphabet. It's what we've read for generations!"
   "So is it easy to read then? Or are there millions of symbols representing words?" Ryan keeps asking.
   Elemental waves it off, "no it's just a standard alphabet. We resorted to English language as time progressed, but if you have a translator handy I'm sure you could read it."
   "Elem- Elliot," He laughed his mistake off, "if you don't teach me the ways of the Steve, we're gonna have a problem between you and I..."
   Elemental was a bit flustered but I think he got that Ryan was joking, "it really isn't that hard you know..." the conversation goes on for a while. I get bored after Elemental starts going on a tangent, and stare up at a tv across from us. Usually they have sports on but this time it looks like the news. The restaurants never let the tv's play audio so I have to just look at the pictures. Out of nowhere a news channel pops up a person's face on a fashion cover. I can't help but feel I've seen him before... green hair, blue highlights... kinda reminds me of someone. Maybe? No he couldn't be. Elemental sent him out of the timeline he shouldn't even exist... right? The moment I convince myself it's nothing though, a text pops up under the cover titling the man "The Plague." Okay this better be a coincidence.
"Elliot," I call out a bit sternly.
"Yes?" Elemental looks at me, and then at the tv to where my eyes were locked. I can see the colour drain from his face the more he looks.
Yup... this isn't a coincidence.

********************************************

MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME. It's been half a month are you kidding me? I hope this chapter is okay. I'm a bit rusty. And hey I learned something new!! You can actually read the galactic alphabet! I don't know if this is common knowledge but hey! Still cool!

So. To make up for the slow updates. I have a little something for you all. If you have animal crossing new horizons, you can now download your very own...

Elliot Hoodie!! I hope you like it! It was one of the first animal crossing clothing designs I made so it's a bit old

Elliot Hoodie!! I hope you like it! It was one of the first animal crossing clothing designs I made so it's a bit old. You know how I feel about old. My villagers wear them sometimes though so at least they ain't complaining.

The ID is: MO-7XVQ-SDP4-18YH

I've been wanting to get my life together and on a path of creativity. Doing what I love, animating, drawing, and I guess writing is one of them. I don't see a career in writing but it's a hobby of mine. I'll try and get some sort of schedule down over the summer, if I'm not too focused on a part time job. If you wanna see more of me look for my YouTube channel. My name and icon is the same as it is here.

Bye bye!