Chapter Five

Well this morning is already off to a great start. Not only do I have to take care of this guy but I have to potty train him! I know I decided to let him stay but this is just ridiculous! Funny yes but still!
This situation is honestly very up and down on positives and negatives for me. One side of me wants to help Elemental Steve adjust and get back home, but the other side just completely despises him for what he did! All I have to do though is hide that negativity and look respectful. As much as I hate him Elemental Steve needs help, and I know that. I just have to get used to this; I'm not the villain here.

      ***

As I wait for Elemental Steve I check over the list to make sure I have everything. Milk, eggs, bread, vegetables, baby thermometer ( I'm actually going to buy one), hair products, and if we have time buy some clothes for Elemental Steve. Elemental Steve can't stay in that green and blue outfit forever, and I don't think he can fit my clothing either. He is by far nowhere near my size; I'd say he's a large at most.
   "Elemental Steve?" I knock on the bathroom door. "How's it going in there?"
   "I'm okay," he answers, "what... do I do now though?"
   "Did you do what you had to?"
   "Yes," He sounds disgusted.
   "Okay. Clean yourself up with the white paper beside you, flush, then wash your hands with the sink and the soap dispenser, and then dry them with the towel which looks like the blankets I gave you but hung up. Did you get all that?"
   "...yes," he sounds very unsure and worrying.
   "Just ask if you need help okay?"
   "I will... thank you." About a minute later Elemental Steve comes out.
"How's it going?" I'm curious to see what he says about this new routine of his. He already has the look of traumatized wiped along his face.
"That was by far the most disgusting thing I have ever done in my life," he looks out into the distance.
"Well you better get used to it," I chuckle, "in this world this is a regular thing. It's the only way to get rid of waste from eating."
"Well then I will never eat again," he states.
"If you do that you'll die. Besides I thought you liked food now!"
"I've changed my mind. Food is disgusting."
"Oh quite being dramatic man! Now can we go by food? Or do you wanna keep me here while you sulk?"
"Can't you just go while I stay?"
"I don't trust you in my house." I really don't. It not because I feel he would do something evil; it's because I don't think he can handle himself alone. He still has a lot to learn here.
Elemental Steve sighs with defeat, "fine..."
"Great! Come on!" I start to walk as he follows. A pout streaks across his face to replace his traumatized look. Elemental Steve will have to get used to this. We don't know how long he'll be in the real world. Although he's doing  pretty well right now, like I said before he's got a lot more to learn.

I take Elemental Steve to the garage and open the door with the garage door remote. Elemental Steve seems to be amazed by how it opened on its own. Should I tell him it's a machine or should I let him think it's magic?
Inside it pretty barren. Of course the car is there, but there's also a shelf with a tool box for just incase. There's also a few tires in the corner, and some props for my real life channel.
   "So is that how we'll get to... where we need to go?" Elemental Steve asks pointing at the car, and forgetting where we're going.
   "Ya this is it," I answer, "it's call a car. It's like a mine cart but way more advanced. Like the oven."
   "Okay," he replies.
   I walk straight to the car and open the door to the shotgun seat for him, "alright hop in." Elemental Steve is hesitant but slowly sits down inside. Once he's in I walk around to the other side and sit in the drivers seat. "Okay you need to put this belt around you like this," I instruct showing him the belt and strapping it across my torso.
   "Like this?" He copies my movement exactly.
   "Ya! You got it!"
   "Why do I have to do this?" He questions suspicious. He probably thinks it's some sort of trap or restraint.
   "It's a safety precaution," I explain, "if we don't put the safety belt around us we either get hurt badly in an accident or get in trouble by..." he doesn't know what police are. "Soldiers." That's not any better!
   "Oh okay." He answers looking ahead. I was expecting more from him honestly, but I guess he understands. That or he doesn't want to admit he doesn't get it.
   "Okay. I'm gonna turn the car on okay? It's gonna move but not hurt us," I warn. I don't want him frightened by the car since this is a first time experience.
   "Go ahead," he braces himself. I turn the key nob and the car starts immediately. The lights turn on in the car, and the car looks more bright and colourful with the buttons and dashboard. Elemental Steve jumps slightly, but relaxes after I pull out of the driveway. For not knowing what a car is until now he seems to enjoy this. He's smiling.

                                        ***

On the highway there's lots of cars. I'm a little worried about Elemental Steve, and if he can handle all this new stuff outside and in the car we drive. Every once in a while I'll glance at him to see what he thinks of this. He just look focused, like he's mesmerized by every little detail of the world. He watches every car the passes us like it'll collide right into us. Elemental Steve doesn't look nervous so that's good. He looks very curious however.
There's one thing I can't get my eyes off though and it's the large burn on Elemental Steve's arm. It's forced against the door, but I can't help seeing him hold the would with the other arm as Elemental Steve tries to hide it. He should have let me bandage it...
I feel like I should strike up a conversation. Something to pass the time until we get to the store. What though? There's a lot on my mind, and a lot of questions for Elemental. I don't want to make him uncomfortable though. Should I tell him about Galaxy Steve soon?...
   "Elan?" Elemental Steve gets my attention.
   "Oh! Uh... ya?" I reply a little startled.
   "I was just thinking...  if you have your own name in this world different from mine... then should I have my own as well?" Oh my gosh he's right. It's not like anyone's name is Elemental Steve! He needs a real name. Who knows what could happen if we use Elemental Steve.
   "I never thought of that!" I gasp, "jeez good catch man. So did you have one in mind?"
   "Not in particular," he responds. "But maybe something simple... or sounds like my current name."
   "Something you'll remember..." I ponder. It needs to be easy, and similar. "How about... oh how about Elliot!"
   "Elliot?" Elemental Steve's interested.
   "Ya! Or maybe... Eldwin!"
   "Wow... I like both ideas." He's having a hard time deciding.
   "Welp it's your choice man," I smirk, "which one do you want?"

*******************************************

Well it isn't technically his choice~
I want to hear what you guys want! Which name will it be?

Elliot was my first option because it sounded similar to Elemental Steve. I decided to look at the meaning of the name, and it had something to do with Greek gods. I don't know.
I decided to look at more names that started with E and Eldwin was my personal favourite! I found on a website that it's meaning is "old friend". What a coincidence!

So what do you guys think? If you have other ideas that's fine! I'll look into them too!

Bye bye!!