Chapter Three / Where There's a Wreck

The three friends threw on their swim suits, yanked all of the fallen branches off of the HMS Pogue, and got it going, moving leisurely through the Marsh

Liv surveyed the damage around them as they moved along. They had been lucky to only have a slight leak in the roof, and the rest of the Château was stable. Not everyone could say the same. 

JJ and her brother sat ahead of her, looking around at the casualties.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink," said JJ, "he doesn't have insurance." 

A small smile made its way onto her dotted face. Though the blond liked to keep up a cool exterior, it was times like these where you could really see how kind hearted he was. 

A woman standing on the edge of a dock caught the girls eye, her soft voice flooding through the sky. "Hi Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" 

"Still here." Came the woman's response, a kind wave being sent towards the three of them. 

"She totally looked at me." Said JJ, prompting an "I saw it" From the boy beside him. The brunette girl rolled her eyes. There he was, back to his flirty ways. 

"Guys, look at this place," The girl addressed the two in front of her as they boated past even more damage,"Agatha, what did you do?" "She is a crazy lady." said John B, steering around some wreckage. 

"We'll be cleaning this all summer." Said JJ, a sing-song response of "That is my nightmare" leaving John B's lips. 

Pulling up to the Heyward's dock, the Pogues looked over at Pope as he stood cleaning something.

"We have a safety meeting," said the sandy haired boy, his little sister piping in. "Attendance mandatory!" Chuckles came from all three of the boys around her, amused by the bright look in her eyes and smile on her face. 

Pope shook his head, "I can't. My Pop's got me on lockdown." 

Sounds of frustration left the crew, the blond holding a fake walkie talkie. "Your dad's a pussy, over." 

"Speak of the devil," mumbled Liv, as the older Heyward walked towards them. "I heard that, you little bastard." 

The boy steering the boat laughed. "We need your son-" "And island rules," said JJ, cutting him off. "Day after a hurricane's a free day." 

The man scoffed. "Who made that up?" Always full of responses, a smirk covered the blond's face. "Pentagon, I think. We have security clearance. I have a card-" 

His fake search for a card was cut short by the gentleman's own comeback. "You think I'm stupid?"

His son piped in, dropping the hose and slowly inching towards his friends. "I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." 

"You think... No, no," said his dad, "Hell no. You doin' it right now." 

"Get in the boat," hissed the girl, "Make a run for it!"