Chapter Twenty-Six / The Hawks Nest

All eyes landed on JJ Maybank as he was escorted out of the club by security. 

"Look... look, man, I can walk myself. I got legs. Can you see that, brother?" The man had no patience, shoving the boy through the door as Liv followed behind meekly. "I really appreciate what you did back there-let me just walk out by myself-"  The boy grabbed a drink out of an older gentleman's hands, Liv making eye contact with Kie as he continued his antics. "Mr. Dunleavy, I see you got your drink. Good, thats really nice of you. I'm actually gonna down that." 

He chugged the expensive drink as if it was a cheap shot, slamming the glass down hard. "I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know? It's okay, everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them. Rose!" His eyes landed on Rose Cameron, who stood shocked. "You look like Lady Liberty. It's good to see you again. Hey, buddy, can I have one of those?"

"Let go of him!" Kie stepped forward as JJ continued to rant, the security guard looking at her in confusion. "Excuse me, ma'am?" 

"You can't just boot him! I'm a member of this club. I invited him here." She paused and looked at Liv who was watching her warily. "Both of them." 

JJ saw his chance and took it, shoving the security guard away and running down the steps. "Sorry about that. Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie. Pope, you as well, all right?" He sent Liv a cheeky grin. "You too, Princess! Rixon's Cove. Let's roll!" 

The friends didn't hesitate, not wanting to consider the consequences of their actions. They barrelled towards one another, leaving behind a stunned crowd. 

Sarah Cameron watched from beside her father, a slight smile on her face. If only she could get out of the bubblewrap, perhaps she could be a Pogue.

✧☼✧☽✧☼✧☽✧☼✧☽✧☼✧

Considering the stereotypical relationship of a brother and sister, John B and Liv really didn't fight much. That being said, she was simultaneously relieved and pissed to see him. The crew sat around a fire, the girl glaring at her siblings face. He raised his brows. "Can I help you?" 

"Can I help you?" She mimicked, putting on a high pitched voice. "Of course you can, dipshit! Do you even know what's going on? Because while you were off doing god knows what with-" She cut herself off, knowing it wasn't her place to share who he had been with the whole time with her friends. "-doing god knows what, I was pretty much shipped off to the mainland before Heyward saved me!" 

He looked at her pointedly. "But you weren't." 

She scowled. "John B, DCS will come after you next, so maybe we should talk to Heyward-" 

"Hey guys? So, speaking of my dad, like, he's already gonna kill me." Pope glanced at Liv, "And maybe you. So what's this mandatory meeting about?"