Chapter Thirteen / Peterkin To The Rescue

Olivia Routledge had never been super popular

       Olivia Routledge had never been super popular. She stuck to her main friend group, and that was it. But being siblings with the kid everyone seemed to think of as 'King of The Cut', had brought her to people's attention, and it wasn't always people she liked.

✧☼✧☽✧☼✧☽✧☼✧☽✧☼✧

"Well would you look at that, if it isn't the Pogue princess." The shadow that covered the girl had her looking up from her spot on the dock, squinting slightly. Above her stood Rafe Cameron, son of John B's boss and asshole brother of 'Princess Kook', Sarah. 

In annoyance, the girl crossed her arms and pulled her sunglasses down over her face, hoping he would leave. After a few moments, she gave up. 

"What do you want, Rafe?" A cheshire cat grin covered the boys face and he ran a hand through his hair, looking the girl up and down as she stood. "What are you doing on our turf?" Liv rolled her eyes. "Really Rafe? There isn't some sort of gang war going on." As he looked at her expectantly, she continued. "I'm waiting for my brother, asshole. He's talking to your dad." She paused as he looked her up and down once more, her next words coming out like venom. "Not that you'd know, from what I hear daddy's pretty tired of your shit." 

His lip curled in response. He knew most people were aware of his drug habit, and in turn that his father wasn't happy about it, but he'd be damned if let her get away with talking to him like that. "At least he isn't dead." 

Both of them had gone for low blows, and they knew it, staring at one another with hatred in their eyes. After another moment, the older boy spoke. "You know, I really shouldn't let you get away with saying that, but I'll let you make it up to me." With one step forward he stood over the girl by about a foot. "I'll let you make it up to me, and then I'll show you what a real good time is. Not like those Pogue fools." 

The girl held in a gag at his words, mustering up all the hatred she could as she glared at him. "I'd rather die."

And then she found herself underwater. 

A sopping wet Liv bobbed back up to the surface, her sunglasses now sitting down in the muck at the bottom of the water. "Jerk." She muttered to herself, climbing out onto the marina docks. Rafe was nowhere to be seen, which was probably for the best. She didn't want to find herself in more trouble for slapping him.

She shivered as a gust of wind blew by her, sticking her wet clothes to her body. An angry Sarah Cameron rushed by, muttering to herself. "Asshole." A bang caught the girls attention, and she turned to see her brother kicking an old bucket. "John B." 

The boy ran his hand through his hair, sparing his sister a glance. "What happened to you?" Liv shrugged, trying to play down the situation so he wouldn't become more angry. "It's nothing. Rafe Cameron's just an asshole." She paused for a moment, the two of them starting their walk home. "What's got you so annoyed?" Her brother huffed as they walked. "Seems like being assholes runs in the family."