secret mission

"okay Y/N, THIS is how you spike. it's like.. woosh, pow!" he said and ran up and smacked the ball I threw up for him. it look easy enough.

"MY TURN!" I ran over a threw the ball to him. he threw it up and I ran over, jumped as I high as I could and-

I fell.

"are you okay!?"

"I'm fine!" I hopped back up

"again!"

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

me and Shoyo practiced volleyball for three hours in my backyard. one day, I'll be better than him. I just have to practice more😋! but, my mom said she won't buy me a volleyball, so I don't know how that's going to work 😒. maybe I'll steal one from the school gym, I'm pretty sure that's what Shoyo did.

anyways, it's tuesday and class is about to start. but I decided that I WILL steal a volleyball, but I need Shoyo's help. just as he was about to enter the class I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to the floor next to me.

"what?"

"shhh!" I raised a finger to my lips and shushed him.

"we're going on... a secret mission."

"to do what!?"

"I can't say it here! It's SECRET for a reason. come on" I said and started going opposite from the classroom.

"but, class is about to start"

"just say you were in the bathroom, come on!"

"mmm fine.."

we started secretly making our way to the gym. If we get caught, we'll probably get detention again. like that one time where I tried to do a kick flip with my tech deck and it landed on my teachers desk. Shoyo only got detention too because he was laughing. stupid teacher 😒. my mom said if I get another detention this semester, she's gonna take away my slime materials. I don't know why she's trying to take my JOB away.

we finally got to the gym and I peeked my head in to make sure nobody was in there.

"come on, the coast is clear!"

"why are we here?"

"my mom refused to buy me a volleyball, so I'm gonna steal one from here."

"hey that's what I did!"

"I KNEW IT!"

we went inside the gym and I went to the closet where the volleyballs were. there were plenty, I'm sure they could spare one. I exited the closet and we heard keys jingling and saw the gym door open. I recognized those key sounds anywhere.

"RUN! IT'S THE SECRUITY GAURD!" I screeched. we darted to the opposite side of the gym and ran through that exit.

"HEY, you kids get back here!"

"No way! hurry, if he doesn't see our face we still have a chance!" we ran around the outside of the gym and dashed to our classroom. I busted through the door and Shoyo followed in a few seconds later.

"sorry for being late! I was in the bathroom!"

"and why do you have a volleyball?"

"Shoyo always carries one around! why's it a big deal if I do?" I asked as I took my seat. she gave me a suspicious look before averting her gaze to Shoyo.

"and why are you late?"

"I.. was also in the bathroom?" she sighed and rubbed her temple. just like my mom!

"whatever, just don't be late again or it's detention.

"yes ma'am!" we said at the same time and he sat down. once our teacher wasn't paying attention to us anymore, he leaned over and whispered to me.

"I guess your secret mission wasn't so secret after all"

"shut up!" I whisper shouted as he snickered. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. my eyes widened and I started tapping Shoyo on the shoulder.

"code red! code red!" I whisper shouted and pointed to the person walking by our classroom.

"it's the security guard!" he gasped. the security guard entered our classroom and my heart dropped. I hid the volleyball behind my backpack, I wasn't sure if he'd seen it or not.

he asked my teacher to talk and they both stepped outside. I grabbed Shoyo by the shoulders and started shaking him.

"this is it! we're done for! I'M done for, I'm not gonna be able to make slime ever agaiN!" I cried.

"pull it together! he has no proof it was us, except that we were late to class!"

"are you kidding? he would of obviously seen your bright orange hair!"

"well, if we cover it he won't notice!"

"you're right! where's your jacket?" he nervously laughed and looked away.

"you're kidding"

"I actually didn't bring it today..." he replied

"UGH! fine, you can borrow mine" I stated and started pulling my jacket out of my backpack.

"I can't wear it, it's a girls jacket!"

"shut up, it's just a plain gray jacket, hurry up and put it on they're coming back!" he snatched the jacket and put it on. he tucked his hair into the hood and tightened the strings. honestly, he looked really dumb.

they came back in the classroom and our teacher immediatley looked over to us.

"ahem," she cleared her throat.

"was anyone in the gym this morning?"

the entire class shook their heads no.

"L/N, Hinata?"

"no miss!"

"what about that volleyball?"

"it's Shoyo's!"

"but I thought you said it was yours?"

"I never said that! I just asked why I couldn't carry it." she sighed and whispered something to the security guard, and he left. so I guess this means we're saved!

"Hinata, take your hood off in class!"