sleepover pt.2

Right now I was sitting in the living room and Hinata Shoyo, (my best friend, but also the guy I like :/) is in my shower. He's sleeping my over at my house and my mom is not home. I am slowly starting my to regret my decisions.

About ten minutes later he stepped out of the bathroom. He had a towel around his neck and his hair was still damp. He his fingers through it, ruffling it. He looked so-

"U-um! I'm gonna go buy snacks at the corner store down the street!" I stated a little too loudly.

"Are you sure you want to go alone? It's pitch black outs-"

"Yes! I'll be fine, it's only down the street." He looked confused but agreed nonetheless. I threw my shoes on and didn't even bother with a jacket. Okay, so I left the house because I'm a wimp. So what? Plus, we really did need snacks.

After spending way too long at the corner store, I had two bags full of snacks. I was about to cross the street but was nearly ran OVER by two police cars😒. I turned my head and it looked like they were going... to my house??

"Dear god... please tell me Shoyo didn't get murdered.." I took off running back to my house. It's barely been thirty minutes, what could of possibly happened in such a  short amount of time? Did he try to cook something and set the house on fire? Did he somehow drown? Did get eaten by my puppy- ... I never did tell him I got a new puppy... but that couldn't have anything to do with it, right? What damage could a puppy do?

Probably a lot if it's Shoyo...

I arrived at my house out of breath, but I was right. The police had come to my house.

"Um, excuse me?" I poked one of the officers arms.

"Huh? Oh, little girl you should go home."  😨. Rude??

"Um, this is my house... what's going on?"

"We got a call for an intruder." My heart dropped. An intruder? Is Shoyo okay??

"What? Is Shoyo ok-"

"Oh, nothing happened. Turns out the kid got spooked by a dog." He laughed. I turned and saw Shoyo talking to an officer. Are... are you kidding me? Shoyo... I left the house for thirty minutes...

After the police got back in their car I ran up to Shoyo.

"Shoyo."

"Y-yes ma'am!"

"You.. I can't even.. you called the police on a dog?"

"I didn't know you had a dog! I thought somebody broke in!"

"I left for thirty minutes..."

"I-I know that! I'm sorry .. uh-"

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to the do-" I was cut off by being whacked from behind with the front of a police car. I fell over in the grass, and the worst part is the dude just reversed and drove away. At least apologize 😭.

"Y/N ARE YOU OKAY???"

"I'm fine... I'm just.. chilling here.." I wheezed. I didn't break anything, but I did get the wind knocked out of me.

"Yeah... chilling..."

———

"SHOYO, IF YOU STEAL MY CHIPS ONE MORE TIME." It was currently 1 in the morning and we were watching a horror movie, even though neither of us can handle horror.

"SHARING IS CARING." He stole another chip and stuck his tongue out at me.

"I literally bought you your own chips..."

"Shh there's something happening on the screen..." We watched intently, and then we got jump scared.

"AAAAAAHHHHH" We both screamed and held on to each other for dear life. What did I say? We can't handle horror. I realized how close we were right now and started feeling nervous. I looked up at him, he was looking at the screen again, but he looked kind of red. Is he blushing? No, no... it's probably just... I can't blame it on the sun, it's pitch black outside. I probably just saw wrong... I leaned back over to my spot and we continued the movie.

That night, I fell asleep with a little bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, he might like me too. Even just a little bit.

————
2 days later , Monday 8:34 AM

"SHOYO, WE ARE SO LATE!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP??"

"I CALLED YOU THREE TIMES." I hopped on my bike.

"Oh yeah..."

"Why did you even sleep in???"

"I stayed up too late practicing..."

"Why am I not surprised?"

———

"Y/N!! We're getting a second manager!!" Shoyo was grinning from ear to ear and violently shaking me.

"Dumb ass, she didn't even agree." Kageyama scoffed at his behavior.

"Yeah, and if she's says no it'll be because of your face! You probably scared the heck out of her!"

"Shut up!" They started bickering with each other. Of course, this is how it ends up almost every time 😭.

"Oh! Yachi, hi! Are you gonna be our new manager?" Shoyo shoved Kageyama out of the way and ran up to the 'Yachi'. So it's a girl... I'm not jealous though. Nope, not me. That'd be stupid.

"I-um I don't know..." She stuttered. She must be really shy.
Shoyo basically just ditched me with Kageyama, he started a conversation with Yachi and it didn't seem like he was planning on leaving anytime soon. Fine, whatever. I'll just go home by myself today.

Okay, so maybe I was jealous. I feel bad, because Yachi seems like a really nice girl. I'm jealous for no reason, Shoyo is just excited for a new manager. It's not like he's in love with her or something.

I slapped myself on the face before hopping on my bike. I am being way too dramatic, it's not a big deal at all. So what if she's a girl? So what if she joins the team? It doesn't matter to me. It's not like I'm dating Shoyo or something.

———

I feel bad for disliking someone I've never even spoken too. But I can't help it when ,

"Sorry Y/N I'm helping Yachi with something after school, you'll have to go alone again!"

"Oh, I can't go out today. I'm studying at Yachi's house!"

"I'm gonna eat lunch with Yachi today!"

And so on. Yeah, I'm jealous. How could I not be? I haven't been able to hang out with Shoyo, scratch that, I've barely even been able to SPEAK to him.

Aren't we supposed to be best friends?