sleepover pt.1

Ever since that day me and Shoyo have been riding to school together every morning😏. Sometimes after school we hang out in that abandoned tree house.
Okay, so I haven't really made any progress... but that all changes today! I'm going to ask him to sleepover at my house. My mom has work so that means we'll be alone... Hold on, if he says yes, that means I'll be home alone... with Shoyo... I did not think this through. It's fine! It's not like we're going to do anything... probably just play Roblox or something.
It's been a week since that rainy day, and I ran out the front door already expecting to see Shoyo outside.
"Hey Y/N! Good morning!" He grinned.
"Morning!" I smiled back and hopped on my bike. We began pedaling down the mountain and I was trying to hype myself up to ask him.
Come on, Y/N! You guys are best friends! It's not weird to ask that. We've had sleepovers before! Though never of them have been alone... that doesn't matter! We've known each other since middle school!
Feeling a bit more confident, I finally got the words out.
"Hey um, wanna come over after school? Since it's Friday. Like a sl-" I stopped myself because I realized how childish sleepover sounded.
"You could stay the night, my mom wouldn't mind." Okay, so maybe it won't mention the alone part right now... I could just pretend I didn't know either. It's not that big of a deal.
"Yeah! Today is a rest day so we don't have practice." I felt relieved. I don't know why I was so nervous, of course he wouldn't be weirded out by me asking that. I grinned.
"But, you're probably still going to practice anyways, aren't you?"
"N-no! I'm not!" He stammered.
"Yeah, right." I laughed

————

I usually sit with Shoyo at lunch, (since I have no friends, but we aren't going to talk about that. Shoyo is enough 👺) but just as I thought, he was off somewhere practicing with Kageyama. He really can't go a day without volleyball. I felt kind of awkward sitting in the lunch room since there were no empty tables, so I just sat by a tree outside.

"Y/N?" I looked up and saw Daichi. I almost dropped my milk box. I have been avoiding him since the ... ladder incident. The only time I've talked to him since then was that one time on the phone.
"U-uh hi!" I smiled.
"What are you doing?"
"Eating lunch?" Isn't that obvious?? 😭
He sighed.
" I meant why are you eating outside. Why don't you go sit with your friends? Or Hinata" I just sat there smiling like 🙂. Daichi, sometimes minding your business is good! What am I supposed to say? If I say I'm not with Shoyo because he's practicing on a rest day I'll get him in trouble.
" I... needed some sun." I almost face palmed. I am literally sitting in the shade.
"Alright... see you later." He left. I didn't get lectured! Hooray!
"Y/N!! Did Daichi lecture you ?!?" I saw Shoyo running up to me.
"Oh, nah. He just asked why I was eating outside." I smiled slightly.
"Oh! Why are you eating outside?"
🙂

———-

School had ended and we were almost at my house. I was getting kind of nervous again. I mean, that's normal, right? Who wouldn't be nervous about spending the night with the guy you like... Why do I keep doing this to myself 😭.
I need to chill out.
We were now standing at my front door. I hesitantly opened it and Shoyo stepped in behind me.
"Sorry for the intrusion!"
I almost laughed.
"Shoyo, nobody's home. Didn't you see? There's no car in the driveway."
"O-oh! Yeah!" He stammered. I turned to him after taking my shoes, and his cheeks were dusted a light pink. Was he... blushing? No, it's probably just the heat from the sun or something. We did just bike up a mountain, so.
Stop getting your hopes up Y/N.
"Um, so! What do you want to do?" I asked. We had entreated the living room and it was too quiet for my liking.
"Uh .. Volleyball!"
"Isn't it a rest day?"
"Please! I know you like playing it no matter how much you deny it! I saw how disappointed you looked when you told me you got kicked off the team."
"It's not my fault they don't know how to have fun..." I mumbled.
"Next time just... don't bring Patricia to club activities!" He laughed nervously. I think he's kind of scared of Patricia. Imagine being scared of a unicorn 🙄.
"I brought a volleyball..." He pulled a volleyball out of his bag. How did that even fit in there? Is he Mary Poppins or something?
"Fine..." I only agreed because he used some magic powers to carry that volleyball. That's it.

————

"Shoyo, my legs hurt and my arms are tired." I collapsed onto the grass.
"Wahh... it hasn't even been that long!"
"It's literally dark out... and I'm not a stamina monster like you! I'm gonna be sore for days..." does he really do this every day? How can one love a sport so much... this is basically torture. No matter how much I like volleyball, I will never put myself through this again.
Note to self, do not play volleyball with Shoyo.
"Fine, fine, let's go inside. But you have to get off the grass first..."
I groaned and rolled over.
"Don't wanna..."
After a few seconds I felt him pulling me off the ground.
"Wh- Let me go!" I felt best rush to my feet and pried him off me.
"I call the shower first!" I shouted and raced towards the front door.
"Don't you have two bathrooms?"
"Oh yeah..." he laughed. 😒 how does he even remover that anyways 🙄.
It's because he was literally inside your house like two hours ago...
Shut up nobody asked you to speak...😒

Great, now I'm talking to myself.