confession ?

It's been two weeks since this whole Yachi thing has started. It's gotten a bit better, I guess... He rides home with me again, so that's good! But, he still doesn't really talk to me that much at school. We barely hang out anymore too. It's almost like Yachi is his best friend now, or even worse... what if he likes her?? No, he wouldn't fall for someone that fast... I think...

It was lunch time, and once again Shoyo was nowhere to be found. At least this time he was practicing with Kageyama instead of ditching me for Yachi.

"U-um, excuse me?" I looked up from my food. Yachi.

"Yeah...?"

"Are you L/N?" She asked timidly. How could I hate her... this girl is so cute😭.

"Yes, that's me."

"I-I'm sorry if this is weird, but I don't know anyone else to ask about this..." I raised an eyebrow. I'm curious now.

"U-Um! Do you have any experience with romance...?" My heart dropped. She couldn't have a crush on... no, right?

"Romance...?"

"T-there's this person I like... and, um..."

Shoyo.

"Yeah... I have some experience." I lied. Well, not really a lie. I read my fair share of romance mangas 🙄.

"O-Oh! Can you... um, give me some advice?"

She likes Shoyo.

"Yeah! Come sit."

———

"Thank you so much L/N! You're really kind and easy to talk to!"
I smirked.

Don't feel so proud, all you did was give her some information you read in a manga.

Whatever🙄

"It's not problem... but I have to ask uh... do you like someone on the volleyball team?"

"I-I u-um! How did you..." she was stuttering more than before and blushed a bright red. Of course. Of course she likes Shoyo. And he probably likes her too. Why do I feel like crying?

"It's Shoyo, right?" I asked trying to hide my disappointment.

"H-Hinata! No, no! It's not him!"

"What? Then who..."

"Um... it's ... K-Kiyoko..." I choked on my lunch.

"Oh my gosh, I totally got the wrong idea! With how much time you've been spending with Shoyo, I thought you.. well-"

"Eh? I haven't spent that much time with Hinata... I've only talked to him around four times the past few weeks. Well, outside of practice." Wait, what?

"What..? But every time I ask him to do something... he always says he's busy with you?"

"What? Um... I don't know, you should ask him about that."

"Yeah.. I'm gonna go do that right now." Now I was pissed. He's been lying to me? If he didn't want to hang out, he could of just said so. Sure it would of hurt a bit, but not as much as this did.

I found him practicing on the side of the school somewhere with Kageyama. The way he was acting like he didn't have a care in the world... is his stupid head really just full of volleyball? Do I even matter to him?

"Hinata!" He turned around to me, causing him to drop the ball. I guess he knew I was mad about something, because I never call him Hinata.

He ran up to me, but before he could say anything I grabbed him arm and dragged him away. I was not gonna talk about this in front of Kageyama.

"Y-Y/N? What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? What's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean...?" I let out a frustrated sigh.

"You've been avoiding me for the past like three weeks! What did I do? You even lied! I talked to Yachi earlier, and she said you guys have barley even talked to each other!" I raised my voice. Everyone was else was in the cafeteria though, so I don't care.

"Y/N I..."

"You what?? Just tell me what's wrong." I pleaded.

"I... I cant."

"You..." I felt so... I don't know? Disappointed? Does he not trust me?

"I-I'm really sorry! I promise I'll tell you soon! And I'm sorry for lying to you... I didn't want to hurt your feelings, I swear!" His attempt to comfort me did kind of make me feel giddy inside, but I was still upset. What is it that he can't tell me? That he had to lie to me about it? That he had to avoid me?

"I'll.. see you later. Bye." I walked away. He didn't say anything else after that.

———
Two days later : Thursday 3:42 PM.

"I like you! I know you probably don't feel the same way, but I can't hide it anymore! I've felt this way for a long time..." I couldn't hear the rest of his words.

Shoyo just confessed.

But it wasn't to me. It was to Yachi.

I dropped my bag to the ground in shock, which made a loud thump. Causing Shoyo to look over to me. His eyes widened in shock.

"Y/N-" I turned on my heel and ran. I left my bag there, whatever. I can get it later. I just needed to get away, I don't know where to go, just away.

"Y/N, wait!" I heard him start running after me, but I had a big head start. I knew where to go. I ran into school and to the janitors closet. The same janitors closet that we hid in... whatever. I'm not going to think about that right now.

I pulled my knees to my chest and sat in the darkness. I didn't want to cry, but I felt the tears streaming down my face. Why? Why did this have to happen? I mean, I know Yachi will reject him, but still. I'm his best friend. I'll have to comfort him because his crush rejected him. How would I be able to handle that? Sitting there listening to him cry about how much he liked her. I couldn't. I cant even handle this right now. I knew he liked her... so why does it hurt now?

So, my first ever crush ended in utter failure.