rain

"SHOYO!" I screeched into the phone.

Hi everyone, I'm Y/N L/N, and today I'm attempting to make a move on my crush for the first time in three years.

But, to my dismay, this fucker (forgive me for my language mom) is too THICK SKULLED to realize it when somebody likes him, no matter how OBVIOUS.  I remember back in our third year of junior high this girl had a crush on him. Literally everybody knew EXCEPT him. I probably would of told him... but I  also like him and was jealous, so I didn't. Plus, she was really annoying too! She would always call him something cringe like "My little tangerine🥺" Its just... girl... he's literally older than you. But anyway, I bet if I told Shoyo right now that I liked him, he wouldn't even realize what I meant. Actually, I did try that once on the day we graduated junior high, and he just said 'Uh?- Same! We're bestfriends Y/N!' I was about to lose my shit... I don't count that as really making a move though... 

"Hi! What is it Y/N?"

"Lets walk to school together tomorrow! We live on the same street but we haven't walked together yet."

"Uh, okay! But I have morning practices, are you sure its okay for you to go early?"

"Yeah! That's why I asked, because I want to. I already know about your morning practice."

"O-okay!! See you in the morning, goodnight!!"

"Night Sho." I yawned and ended the call. How is he so energetic at this time of night?  Besides that, finally we can walk to school together tomorrow. Maybe I could finally ask him out on a date tomorrow... Okay, well maybe not flat out ask him, but ask him to hang out or something. But then that wouldn't be any different than usual... how would he every know I liked him then? This is too confusing. I groaned and fell backwards on my bed. 

Eventually, I fell asleep trying to think of a way to ask him on a date without chickening out.

------

"Hey, Shoyo! Good morning!" I pulled my hood up as I ran out the door. It was sprinkling a bit, but it wasn't enough that'd I'd need an umbrella for. Plus, I watched the weather channel this morning! They said it'd stop soon. Not going to lie, I was pretty tired. I don't know how Shoyo wakes up this early every morning and then plays a sport??

"Morning Y/N!" He grinned. HELP. I love his smile a little too much... uhm, anyways. I hopped on my bike and we started pedaling down the mountain. Last night, despite my efforts, I could not think of a way to ask him on a date. So I guess this thing was kind of a waste.

"Hey Y/N, I have something to ask you-" He was cut off by the rain that started POURING down. What in the actual FUCK. I feel so... betrayed right now. How could the weather man lie to me like this? I trusted him...

"WHAT DO WE DO SHOYO WE'RE GONNA SLIP AND FALL INTO A RAVINE AND DIE!!!!!" I panicked. There was nowhere to stop and hide from the rain in until we got all the way down the mountain. It had only been like a minute but the rain had already seeped through my jacket and soaked the clothing underneath. The water was making my clothes cling to my skin and it felt really gross. I hate wet clothes.

"Umm... HEY! Look there's a really conveniently placed tree house in the woods over there!" He pointed, and there was in fact a tree house.

"Wow!! I wonder how that got there!" We ditched our bikes next to a tree and ran over to the tree house. I almost slipped, but its okay.

"Hey, isn't this breaking and entering?" Shoyo asked as we were climbing up the ladder.

"Technically... but if we don't then we're gonna get pneumonia and die, so." He didn't say anything.

The tree house was empty. So that means its abandoned! We won't get arrested after all, hooray.

"Now what?"

"Umm... we could play Roblox!!"

"You're right!"

----------

"I'M ALMOST AT THE TOP! MY FIRST WIN IN TOWER OF HELL!" Shoyo cheered. We've been here for an hour, and the rain has yet to die down.

Sadly, Shoyo's happiness was ended when he got a phone call which caused him to leave  the game.

"NOOOOOO!!!" He screeched. His VOICE CRACKED. I started laughing so hard there were tears.

"Y/N! Shhhh! Its Daichi!" But I didn't stop laughing.

"Hello...?"

"Where are you?"

"Um-"

"Is that Y/N laughing in the back round?"

"No.. Its my.. dog." He kicked me and glared. The pain in my shin made me stop laughing.

"You don't even have a dog. And dogs don't... laugh. Where are you?"

"Just give me the phone!" I snatched it out of his hands and he whined.

"Y/N! You're gonna get us in troublee!"

"Y/N? Where are you guys?"

"Oh! We were on our way to school, but then the rain started trying to drown us so now we're in a random treehouse."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"We were... busy."

"With...?"

"Uhm, oh look you're breaking up! I think the rain is ruining the signal, bye!" I ended the call. I knew if Daichi figured out we hadn't messaged him or the school because we were playing Roblox, he was not going to be happy.

"Hey look the rain is letting up!" Shoyo pointed outside.

"Cool!! We can start riding back to school now."

"Yeah... Lets go because I'm seriously about to freeze to death in these wet clothes."

"Right!" We climbed back down and ran back over to our bikes. I honestly didn't care the seat was wet because I was already practically soaked anyways. We hopped on our bikes and began pedaling back down the mountain.

"Do you think we'll get in trouble for being late?"

"Probably..." I answered. The teachers here seriously don't care the reason you're late.

"What, for real!? If I get detention I won't be able to play volleyball!"

"Maybe if you show up to class in your wet clothes they'll pity you." I suggested.

"Yeah... I'd rather not."

--------------------------------

hi