12) Reality

Elizabeth Perez's POV

"Two iced vanilla almond milk lattes please"
I said, handing the barista my credit card, I fished some change out of my purse and put it in the tip jar.

"Two iced vanilla almond milk lattes for Elizabeth?" The barista called out my order and I hurried to get them, I hadn't been recognised by anyone, yet.

Pushing my sunglasses out of my hair and back on my face, I quickly walked to my car.
I got in and got settled, putting the drinks on the seet next to me.

My phone buzzed.

MESSAGE FROM MATT SMITHS

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

Hesitantly I opened the message.

Matt Smiths
hey lizzie
i know it's been a while but i happen to be in atlanta and i was wondering if you maybe wanted to get coffee?

Elizabeth Perez
what the hell matt
do you honestly think that i would get coffee with you like we're old friends or something after what you did to me

Matt Smiths
lizzie, you're overreacting
i know that what i did was wrong but i want to talk it out
i still love you

Elizabeth Perez
don't you dare tell me i'm overreacting
you cheated on me, that's not something i can forgive
you don't love me and you never did
leave me the fuck alone

I was in tears, I worked so hard to overcome what had happened to me. I've been in therapy for the last 2 years because of that piece of shit, the trust issues were horrible. Still kinda are. I was doing better, why did he have to come into my life again just to ruin my progress?

I started driving, first I didn't know where to but I quickly realised I was on my way to Sebastian's house.
I knocked on us door urgently and I heard quick footsteps coming down the stairs. He opened the door.

"Hey Lizzie, what are you- What's wrong?" A worried look took over his features and I dived into his arms.

"I'm sorry for coming here but I didn't know where else to go." I cried silently into his chest.

"You can always come by, I'm here for you" Sebastian said softly "please come in and explain to me what happened".