Chapter six

Scarlett's POV:
The girl has been here for a day now, and her condition still hasn't changed, She's still in a coma. Alby recovered and is back on his feet again. And I don't even know how to feel. The past week has really changed a lot of our lives. A lot of the gladers are still shaken up about the note that came up in the box with the girl. And I see the looks on Newt, Alby, Gally and Minho's faces. They're scared too. To take my mind off things, I went to wait for Minho and Thomas to come back from the maze. As they rounded the corner, I saw a look on Minho's face. Not the look he's had on it recently. He looked, excited.
"Scarlett come on we have to find Newt and Alby!" He yelled as they brushed past me. I quickly started running after them. I saw Gally give me a confused look and I just shrugged my shoulders and kept running.
I followed them into the homestead where Alby and Newt were talking.
"I have great news!"
"Well what is it?" Alby questioned.
"I think we found a way out of here! Inside the maze!"
I felt my heart stop in my chest. Everything sounded like it was underwater. I couldn't breathe. I stumbled out of there. Only to be stopped by Gally, outside the door.
"Hey, hey what's wrong? What's going on?" He asked concerned.
But I couldn't speak. I tried to form the words but they wouldn't come out. I was breathing heavily, practically hyperventilating.
"Calm down and talk to me. Breathe."
I finally felt like I might be able to speak. I calmed myself down enough to get the sentence out.
"They think they found a way out of here. That's what he's so excited about."
"That's good! We can finally get out!"
"We have to go through the maze. I can't do it. I can't go back in there. It destroyed me last time."
Gally looked at me sympathetically, then pulled me into a hug. I couldn't hold them back, and felt the tears flowing out of the corners of my eyes.I stood there sobbing for a moment before Gally pulled away from the hug.
"I know you're scared. But it's going to be okay. We can finally get out of this hellhole. Finally have the life we deserve."
I composed myself and nodded.
"Do you you want to go find out what the plan is?"
"Yeah, let's go."
We walked back into the homestead, and saw Alby, Newt, Minho and Thomas crowded around a piece of paper. I craned my neck to see what they were planning.
"So we found a place, kind of like a door, where all the grivers go during the day. I think if we went through that, it would lead us out," Thomas explained.
"How can you be sure this is going to work?" Alby questioned.
"We can't be entirely sure. But I think it's our best shot," Minho said.
Everyone stood ther pondering the idea, when Clint burst through the door.
"She's awake!"
We all looked at eachother before running out the door, towards the medjacks hut. We all went inside and saw her sitting there, looking around confused. Alby walked over to her carefully.
"Do you remember your name greenie?"
She thought about it for a moment before speaking.
"Teresa. My name's Teresa. Where am I exactly?"
"You're in the glade," Newt said.
I walked towards her.
"Do you remember anything? Or anyone?" I questioned.
"No not really. But he looks familiar."
She pointed at Thomas.
"You called out Thomas's name when you came up in the box, before falling back to sleep," Alby said.
"I don't remember that. Sorry."
"No it's fine. Just try to get some rest."
We all cleared out of the room.
"Do you think she's telling the truth?" Minho asked, once we made it out of the medjacks.
"I don't know," replied Alby. "But we'll try to get more out of her tomorrow."
"We should all try to get some sleep. Long day ahead of us," Newt said.
We all agreed and went our separate ways. As I got into bed that night, I wondered how our lives would ever be the same again.