Chapter twenty-one

Scarlett's POV:
Newt, Jorge, Frypan, Shay, Brenda and I all sat anxiously waiting for Thomas and Gally's return with Teresa. The plan was that Thomas would lure her somewhere away from people. And then Gally would throw a bag over her head and they'd bring her here. My leg was bouncing, and Shay put a hand on my knee.
"You okay?"
"If this doesn't work," I paused, "I can't lose him again."
"You won't," he reassured. I layed my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes for a moment.

I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder. I must have fallen asleep. I lifted my head to see Gally sitting across from Teresa, his back turned to us.
"So here's the plan. You are going to use your little key card there to get us into that building. Then you're going to show us where Minho is. Are we clear?"
"You guys are tagged. The sensors will alert them immediately that you're subjects," she protested.
"You're going to help us with that also."

I sat down in the chair as it was my turn to get my chip removed. I watched Teresa pick up the scalpel, as she attempted to make small talk.
"Long time no see Scarlett. How have you been?" she said, in a slightly condescending manner.
"Better off without you, you bitch," I snapped, through gritted teeth.
I felt the scalpel dig into my neck, and I resisted the urge to cry out in pain. She was digging round, for what felt like a little longer than usual. Finally she pulled it out, and handed me a rag to stop the blood. I got up and slumped down in a chair, next to Gally.
"She enjoyed that," I grumbled.
Once we all got our chips out, we went over the plan one more time. We had our guard outfits, and Thomas Newt and I would escort Teresa around. We would meet up with Gally, and Shay, and go find Minho, and the cure for Newt, that was in a vault. Then we get out. We suited up, and said our goodbyes to Brenda, Jorge and Frypan for now. We headed down to the tunnels. No turning back now.

We made it to the W.I.C.K.E.D skyscraper, and walked through the doors. The sensors didn't detect us. We followed Teresa down series of hallways. We were soon joined by two guards. By the nod they gave us, I knew it was Shay and Gally. We followed Teresa down some stairs to a locked room. We readied our guns, and Teresa unlocked the door. The guards inside didn't have time to even act, before we stunned them all. They dropped and we started unlocking rooms. Kids started flooding out, but no sign of Minho.
Gally started to get his tools ready to open the vault.
"It says here that Minho's been transferred to the medical wing. That's all the way on the other side of the building." Teresa explained.
"Then that's where you are going to take us," Thomas replied.
"I'll come with you guys."
"No," Gally said, whipping his head around.
"Yes. Shay you stay here and help Gally."
"Fine," he said grudgingly.
I turned to follow Newt, Thomas and Teresa. But Shay called my name.
"Scarlett wait!"
I turned around, but before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine. It took me moment to register what was happening, but I kissed him back. We stayed like that for a moment before I pulled back. He put his hand on my cheek.
"Don't die on me, okay?"
"If you insist," I said smiling.
He smiled at me, before I turned to leave. Now all we had to do was make it to Minho without getting exposed.