Chapter twenty-two

Scarlett's POV:
We walked through the halls of W.I.C.K.E.D hoping no one would recognize us. We just had to make it to the other side of the buildinng.We stepped on the lift, but right before the doors closed, Janson stepped in. Fantastic. It was silent for a moment, before Janson spoke to Teresa.
"Now Ava didn't want you to know this, but Thomas is alive."
Newt, Thomas and I all shared a subtle glance.
"So if he tries to contact you, you need to tell us. He may be the hope for finding a cure."
Teresa nodded, before the lift stopped. We all stepped out leaving Janson behind. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Thomas bump Janson's shoulder with his own.
We continued down the hall before making it to a door. We had ripped our masks off.
"Seriously! I'm supposed to be the cure!" Thomas exclaimed.
"Thomas it's your blood. If you just let me run some tests-"
"No!"
Teresa got her key card, but we were stopped, before going through the door.
"Freeze!"
We spun around to see we were cornered by guards in every direction, and Janson straight ahead.
"Thomas!"
I watched Thomas hesitate before grabbing Teresa and holding his gun to her head.
"Don't come any closer! I'll shoot!"
"No you won't Thomas. You wouldn't shoot her," Janson said, taking a step closer.
Thomas gripped the gun and Teresa tighter.
"I will do it!"
"Then do it Thomas. Shoot her. Shoot Teresa."
Thomas didn't get another word out before Teresa freed herself from his grip. She pushed the three of us through the door, and locked it. Thomas looked at Teresa, but she just stared at him pleadingly. Newt pulled Thomas's arm, and we continued on our search for Minho.

A few moments later, alarms started blaring. There was no use hiding ourselves anymore. They knew we were here. We just had to get Minho, and get out of here.
We spent for what seemed like forever, checking rooms and corridors for any sign of him. We started walking down another one, when all of a sudden, glass shattered next to us. Two people rolled out, and one was quickly knocked out by the other. The man stood up. Minho!
Thomas and Newt rushed forward to hug him. I hung back, hoping they'd finnish their moment soon, so we could leave.
"Scarlett."
"Welcome back Minho."
"We have to go!" Newt yelled.
We started running down the hallways, but didn't make it very far before the guards found us. And Janson. They started shooting at us, and we ducked and continued running.
They seemed to be coming from every direction. We quickly found a room, and barricaded the door.
"What's your plan now Thomas!" Minho yelled, panicked.
Thomas walked over to the window. He looked out of it, before picking up a large tank, and chucking it at the glass. The window shattered and the tank fell into a fountain below.
"We jump!"
"Are you crazy!" I screamed at him.
"Any of you got a better idea!?"
He took our silence as a no.
"We just need a bit of a running start," Minho said.
We were interrupted by the sound of the guards starting to break down the doors.
"Ready?!" Thomas yelled.
Just as they broke through the door, we ran for the window and jumped.

I plunged through the surface of the fountain. The freezing water surrounding me. I quickly swam up to the surface and gasped for air. I saw the three other boys come I one by one. As we started climbing out, we were stopped by guards.
"You all need to come with us."
Just then, two of then stunned the rest. They ripped off their masks to reveal Gally and Shay.
"Hey guys. You ready to go?" Gally questioned.
"Let's go!" Thomas said.
"Gally?" Minho gasped out, still in shock.
"I'll explain later," Thomas whispered.
We started to head for the city.