Chapter ninteen

Scarlett's POV:
"This is crazy Thomas," I said as we walked through the busy street.
"We will never make it through those walls."
"We'll find a way!"
We continued towards the walls, when truck started driving through the crowd. People on top seemed to be yelling something about being against W.I.C.K.E.D. One of the masked people had their eyes transfixed on us. We watched as their truck continued forward, and us and the crowd followed.
Everybody was at the doors, standing there with no plan. I noticed that some of the guys from the truck were lurking near us. They started closing in. I tugged on Newt's sleeve, and pointed it out.
"Thomas, we have to go no-"
Newt didn't get to finnish his sentence, when all of a sudden, W.I.C.K.E.D opened fire. The walls were shooting at us, and everyone retreated. I felt somebody grab me, and saw the others getting grabbed as well, by the masked people. I thrashed around but it was no use. They threw us in a truck and we went off.

We came to an abrupt stop, and were forced out of the truck. Another one pulled up, and I heard rattling and yelling inside. I watched the doors fly open, a Jorge had tackled one of the guys.
"Where is she!"
"I'm right here Jorge!" Brenda yelled rushing over. She pulled him off the guy, and they joined us again.
"Who are you people?" Thomas questioned.
A guy with his back to us, turned and faced us. He reached up to pull his mask off.
It was Gally.
I felt all the air knocked from my chest. I stood there frozen, along with everybody else.
"Hey Scarlett! I missed you."
I started slowly walking towards him. Once I was right infront of him he smiled at me.
I punched him.
"What the hell was that for!" He asked, rubbing his cheek.
That was my breaking point.
"What was that for!? That was for being supposedly dead for two years! Where the fuck have you been! Were you frolicking with the cranks, while I had to fight for survival?! Why didn't you look for me!?"
I realized I was crying.
"I needed you! I needed my big brother! But I thought you were dead! But you weren't, so why didn't you come looking for me! Did you even care!? Did you ever think about me!?"
Gally pulled me into a hug, while I cried. I felt something wet on my head, which told me he was crying too.
"Every single day," he said, in a choked whisper.
"I thought about finding you every single day."
Before I could reply, Jorge spoke.
"I'd hate to ruin this heartwarming moment, but who are you?"
"This is my older brother Gally. Gally, this is Jorge and Brenda, and you know the rest."
"How have you guys been?"
"But Gally you died."
"No, you left me to die. Hey greenie. Frypan! And who's that behind you? Shay?!"
"Been a long time Gally."
"Yes it has. What are you guys doing here?"
"Trying to get through those walls. W.I.C.K.E.D has Minho."
"You were never the smartest greenie. Yout think you can get through those walls alone. Come with me."
"Why should we do that?" Thomas snapped.
"Come with me if you want to get through those walls."
We all seemed reluctant, but followed.

"After you guys got taken, I got picked up by some rebels. They tested me and I was immune, so they patched me up and brought me here. Been here ever since. Lawrence really took me in. Try not to stare."
We walked down a ramp, into a dark room.  There was a hunched over figure in the corner. He came into the light, and I had to suppress a gasp. He was missing his nose, and had peeling flesh and veins along the side of his face. Ones of his eyes was clouded, and he was attached to an IV drip, with some sort of blue substance. I guessed that was what kept him from going full blown crank.
"Gally, who are these people."
"Old friends."
"Gally said he could help us get through the walls." Thomas said.
"Well Gally knows not to make promises he can't keep. But tell you what, there are tunnels that will get you in the city. Gally you can take two, and leave the rest. Just to make sure you come back."
"Three."
"Excuse me?"
"I get to take three with me to the City."
"And why are you trying to negotiate this with me?"
"Because I'm not leaving Scarlett behind?"
Lawrence stared at us for a moment, before agreeing.
"Fine she can go. Show them the tunnels."