chapter 6--hi.

louis sat in bed, his back supported by around 5 or 6 of the comfiest pillows niall could find from around the apartment that morning before he left for work. his tired, swollen eyes were fixed on the cute little kittens prancing around and tripping over their feet on the small screen of his laptop. one of his sweaty, and clammy hands were holding the handle of a christmas coffee mug half-filled with steaming tea that made the aches of his body less painful and persistent. his other was holding up the damp, navy-blue rag that was cooling the hotness of his head. in other words, louis was very sick. well he was until niall gave him medicine and made him one of maura's, niall's mom, home remedies that she used to make niall when he was down with a fever. in contrast of how he felt in the morning which consisted of a lot of crying, vomiting, headaches, and sweating, he felt a lot better. especially since instead of going to work, he got to stay in bed all day and watch cute cat vidoes, his favorite, but if you asked, he'd say his favorite videos to watch were about monster truck races.

suddenly, as he was starting to get bored watching the same stupid cats doing the same stupid tricks, a cute little chocolate brown kitten with thriving green eyes came into the cameras focus, and oh, oh. that was the cutest thing he had ever laid eyes, and funny thing is, it reminded him of harry. stupid harry with his long fingers and dimpled smile. ever siince harry had done that stupidly, cliche--but incredibly heart-touching--gesture with the number on the cup thing, he couldn't stop thinking about him. he wasn't sure when was the right time to call him. truth of the matter was, he wanted to call him not even a second after he found out that beautiful 11 digit number. and yes, a phone number could be beautiful, especially since it was harrys.

heck, he wasn't even sure if he should text him. but the cup did clearly state to call him in permanent black sharpie so that had to mean something. he sighed as he set his tea on the bedside table and reached over to grab his phone from the charger. he was overthinking things and that never helped anybody. he was just going to call him and get it over with. he paused the video and with shaky fingers, he unlocked his phone and went to harry's contact and hastily clicked on it, bringing it to his ear.

wait, he thought in a rush of panic, what was i even supposed to say? oh my god, the only reason he gave me his number was so he could teach me spanish! i could just ask him to come over? WAIT NO I LOOK LIKE I GOT RAN OVER BY A HERD OF ELEPHA-

"hello? who's this?"

oh crap.

"um, hey harry, it's louis from-"

"yeah, yeah. louis. how could i forget you? whats up?"

"nothing much, really," he said playing with the mouse on his laptop as he talked, tracing the outlines of the kittens on pause with the white arrow,"i was just, um-" suddenly, a loud "meow" came from his laptop. his eyes widened when he had realized that he had applied too much force to the little square pad that contolled the arrow, and it had played his video. quickly, he paused it again, his hand clamped over his mouth.

"was that a cat?"

"um, yeah. i, i have a cat."

"are you sure? that sounded like it came from a laptop or t.v....were you- were you watching cat videos?" harry said in astonishment.

there was no getting out of that one. louis sighed and slumped his shoulders in defeat.

"yes," he muttered, his lips in a pout.

"oh cool! "too cute" is one of my favorite shows! i love cats!"

louis sighed in relief because wow, things could've gone way worse. harry could've thought that louis was lame and hung up on him, but he didn't. he didn't!