chapter 7--ILY

new cover!!! i hope you like it as much as i do, the amazing and talented @glowinglouis made it for me, how sweet is she? i luvvvv her <3

"maybe i should get her a raccoon, she seems like the type of girl that likes raccoon's," harry thinks as he drives to his apartment before heading to louis', wondering what to get clarissa in return for her saving his love-smitten arse and covering for him. "or a turtle in a pink tu-tu, she seems like the type of girl that likes turtles in pink tu-tu's."

when he arrives at his apartment that smelled deeply like green apples, he rushed to his bedroom closet and threw off his work uniform. he hated that thing. he only liked the apron because it reminded him of his old job at a bakery which consisted of free, delicious, home-made pasteries and warm, and petunia smelling old ladies that he adored. now? people leave him ten cents as a tip. ten freaking cents!

he sighed as he pulled on a red plaid flannel with the sleeves rolled up, making sure to leave a few buttons unbuttoned, and switched his black work shoes for some light brown boots. he kept his black skinny jeans on because they were his favorite. he ruffled his curly hair that had gotten a little flat due to the the green starbucks hat he had to wear all day. he quickly sprayed some cologne on himself then rushed out to his car after locking his door and grabbing the flashcards he had made louis the night before. they were pastel colored.

he bit his lip the whole time he drove, he knew he shouldn't be so nervous since he had already seen louis a couple of times but this time, it was at his house.

harry turned the radio up to distract himself from getting too anxious and ruining the deoderant he had just applied, "i just wanna run" by the downtown fiction blared through the speakers. (a/u: songs in the media, it's wicked.) 

harry smiled as the infectious beat of the song spread throughout him making him do a little dance as he continued to drive. people were staring at him as he flipped his hair back and forth, and fingered the air to match the guitar riff that was playing but he didn't care. he stuck his tongue out and did the "rock'n'roll" sign at an old man on a motorcycle who was wearing sunglasses, a red bandana around his forehead, and a black leather vest who did it back to him, making harry laugh.

once harry reached the front gate of the apartment complexs, he took out his phone and went to his messages making sure the address louis had sent him matched the place he was at. he punched in the code that opened up the gates and drove forwards, searching for apartment 3B. he parked once he found the building labeled "3".

he quickly slipped a gum into his mouth and mussed his hair up a bit more. he took a deep breath before getting out of his car with his flashcards and the coffee, locking it behind him, then strolled towards the apartments each labeled with plastic gold numbers. he bit his lip as he walked hesitantly towards the door with "3B". 

he gulped as he knocked twice on the door timidly, and stepped back with his hands clapsed behind his back. after the longest thirty seconds of harrys life passed by and no one had answered the door he knocked again with a little bit more force. 

suddenly he heard some unlocking going on behind the door and he stepped back as the door opened and there stood the person who managed to take harrys breath away everytime, no matter how pale he looked and how swollen and dull his blue eyed eyes looked due to whatever sickness he had, but wow. his hair was a bit messy and he just looked so so so so small and tiny, harry had to fight the urge to squeeze and cuddle him until he couldn't breathe anymore, especially since he was wearing an olive colored sweatshirt that he was practically swimming in. the hem of the shirt reached the middle of his *cough* yummy *cough* thighs, and the sleeves were so long he had sweater paws, freaking sweater paws, and the collar  of the sweatshirt was so low, it showed these delicious set of prominent collarbones that harry just wanted to-yeah, okay. he needed..he needed some fresh air and maybe a cold shower. harry glanced back down at louis' thighs. correct that, he needed a very, very, very cold shower.

louis cleared his throat upon making eye contact with harry and smiled, shifting on his feet as he let out a raspy,"harry! hey! i was beginning to think you weren't gonna show up."

harry smiled fondly and said,"yeah, sorry,"  he scratched the back of his neck nervously,"i had to stop by my house really quick to pick up the stuff we need for, um, to study."

"whats so funny? what are you smiling at?" louis said with the slightest pout, his voice cracking.

harry laughed and then covered his mouth,"it's just like, no offense, but you sound like a fifty year old man whose been smoking his whole life."

"you know, saying no offense doesn't make it hurt any less," louis said with a pointed look but he couldn't help the smile that ghosted his face as he watched harry try to hold back a laugh.

"and plus," louis added,"the reason i," he cleared his throat again,"sound like this is because of my sore throat, you twat. i've tried everything. cough drops, that nasty throat spray thing, blegh, and i'm crap at making tea and niall isn't hom-"

harrys face instantly hardened,"niall? who's niall? he lives with you? is he like, your boy-boyfriend?"

louis was taken a bit back, was harry jealous?

no, he thought, he coudln't possibly be jealous of me, yeah no, never. maybe he had a crush on a guy named niall or something?

"i, um, no. no, niall is not my boyfriend, haha. far from it actually. he's my roommate and best friend. he's staying at his mums house this weekend so he's not here right now, but yeah."

"oh," harry said, embarassed, "i'm sorry, i just, um..anyway, if you want, i can make you some tea? if you want. theres this tea that my mum used to give me when i had a sore throat, you'll be talking regular in no time. it's cinnamon though, is that alright?"

louis' eyes raised,"you don't have to do that, harry, i've already bothered you enough asking you to come here, you probably have plans this weekend and i'm just-"

"no, actually, i..i had no plans this weekend, i rarely do. and honestly, it's my pleasure, okay? i don't mind at all."

"oh, okay then." louis said with a smile.

then a moment of silence passed by where they both just stood there, awkardly; louis fiddling with his nails and harry staring at the ground, his lips in a line.

"are we just gonna study out here or..?" harry said after realizing that he was still standing on the pale gray mat full of fading footprints that said,"HI. I'M MAT." 

"oh, yeah, sorry," louis said sheepishly, holding the door open,"welcome to  my humble home."

(✿ ♥‿♥)

 sort of kind of long authors note: uhm guys....i reaCHED ONE THOUSAND FREAKING READS ON THIS STORY I AM SO HAPPY AND GIDDY AND THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT HAVE PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT STORY AND FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK AND VOTES AND FOR ADDING THEM TO YOUR READING LISTS HONESTLY NONE OF THAT EVER GOES UNAPPRECIATED LIKE I SEE EVERYTHING AND IM SO DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW LIKE THANK YOU SO MANY FREAKING TIMES FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF WHATEVER YOU'RE GOING THROUGH TO READ THIS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LITERALLY CALLED MY MOM AND TOLD HER IM JUST SO HAPPY AND I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT BE THAT BIG OF A DEAL BUT I AM LITERALLY THE BIGGEST LOSER ON THE PLANET AND THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME SO THANK YOU, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT I'D BE NOWHERE ON WATTPAD SO THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE THE BEST DAY BECAUSE I SURE AM. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 :) XXXOOO