chapter 2--wtf

15 minutes later, when niall had put his hair in a quiff and louis had slipped on his favorite pair of faded black vans with white laces, they were walking into the coffee shop, their hoods over their head to cover them from the slowly progressing rain.

        after taking of his hood and shaking the rain from his hair, louis followed niall in the short line of people waiting to get their order taken. he looked around, liking the comfortable, and cozy setting the dim lights gave off, and the sweet, rich aroma of coffee beans that invaded his nostrils, which he happily inhaled. there weren't a lot of people, probably due to the rain. there was the typical college student here and there, their eyes glued on their apple laptops, a very irritated looking woman dressed in a fancy  business suit, talking angrily into a bluetooth ear device, and a group of teenage girls all with over-sized sweaters, and braces, and long hair arranged in very complicated and intricate braids. it wasn't very loud which louis appreciated.

        "what d'ya want?" niall whispered, staring at the glass encased variety of sweets, and breads.

"uh, i guess an herbal tea." he shrugged, glancing at the tea section of the menu and picking the first thing he saw.

        "seriously? out of all that,'' he said gesturing towards the menu full of countless items, incredelous,"you want tea?"

"i didn't stutter, horan. all that gel is starting to leak into your ears."

        "oh yeah, i forgot, it was that time of the month."

"you little-"

        "hello, may i take your order?" came a raspy, and deep voice, catching their attention.

louis wasn't about to say that he had felt fireworks and his veins sizzled with the exitement of love at first sight, but he could say that the boy with the curly, brown hair did leave him slightly breathless and at a loss of words.

        "i-i, um, i-" louis stuttered at the boy whose slightly crooked name tag pinned on his green starbucks apron read,"harry"

        "what's d'matter with you, cat got your tongue?" niall teased, then turned to look at harry who was watching all of this play out with an amused expression, "sorry about him. he'll take an herbal tea, and i'll take a bagel and a strawberries and cream venti frappe," he said, pulling out his faded leather wallet from the pocket of his grey sweatpants.

        "uh, yeah, sure. that's fine," he said still staring at louis, only paying a lilttle attention to an oblivous niall,"that'll uh," he glanced at the cash register,"that'll be seven, ninety-one." 

        louis was so mesmorized in watching the way harry's lips moved when he spoke, he felt like he was in a trance. he didn't even notice that harry was staring right back at him.

        niall handed him the money, and harry put in the cash register. he then grabbed an empty cup with the starbucks logo and took the top off a black sharpie, "whats your name?" his attention was now on the artificial blond.

        "billy," niall said, who turned to louis with a constipated face from holding in all his laughter.

louis rolled his eyes, and smiled, shaking his head at his immature best friend.

        harry wrote "billy" in tall, chicken-scratch hand-writing  with his right hand, gripping the marker with long, delicate fingers, his tongue on the side of his mouth as he concentrated on writing which louis might or  might not have found completely adorable.

        ''okay, and yours?" harry said, directing the question to the cerulean eyed boy, after finishing with "billys" cup.

"i, uh, it's louis," he said, kind of confused.