chapter 1--yay.

louis sat on an old, far past used maroon couch set in the middle of the messy living room of the flat he shared, munching lazily on a pretzel stick as he watched a football game playing on the flat screen t.v.

he didn't even rememeber paying the electricity bill, but whatever. one thing he knew for a fact though was that he was bored out of his mind, so bored that cleaning the living room seemed more fun...okay, maybe not that bored, but he was bored.

he sighed as he turned to the slouched figure on the oppposite of the couch and wondered how his flatmate, niall horan, could look so content watching a footie game -that they had already watched- while stuffing his face with dorittos, the area around mouth turning into a light stubble of orange cheese.

louis was grateful to share an apartment with his best friend, he really was. niall was care free, easy going, didn't demand too much, and was up for anything, anytime. whether louis wanted to go out, or just stay in for the day, niall obliged happily like a loyal labrador puppy...he sure did have the appetite and energy of one. but it was just that this what they usually did on their free weekends from work, watch t.v. and eat all of the food in the house which consisted mostly of junk food, cereal, and loads of cases and boxes of beer and tea. louis was okay with it at first, ecstatic even. he had a decent earning of income from working at a store in the mall, and he always came home to a bottle of beer and a movie with niall. just like highschool, but that was the thing. it was always the same thing, over and over. go out, drink, sleep, work, drink, watch t.v., sleep, work. it was like a neverending cycle, and he was just so bored of it. he was a grown arse man for crying out loud!

"niall."

"hm?" the blonde said around a mouthful of chips, his eyes still on the moving monitor in front of him.

"i'm bored."

"yeah, mate. sounds great," he obviously wasn't paying attention to his impatient best friend.

louis rolled his eyes, and grabbed the remote from the once clean wooden coffee table that was now full of crumbs, empty water bottles, a bottle of bubbles, and air freshener-chips always made nialll a little gassy-and pressed the mute button.

"what'd you do that for?" niall yelled bewildered, turning to face louis, with wide eyes.

"i'm bored."

"you're kidding me, right?" niall asked, stupified.

"i, sir, do not kid."

niall scoffed,"haha, yeah. i beg to differ," he said, leaning back on the couch.

"okay, maybe i kid a little. but im not kidding about the fact that im bored."

"fine then, let me gel up my hair and we can go out."

louis groaned,"nooooo. i don't want go out."

niall looked up at the ceiling in a silent prayer, then snatched the remote from louis' grasp,"fine, while you decide what you want to do, i'm going to finish my game," he said, unmuting the t.v. "princess'' niall muttered as he crossed his arms over his chest.

the problem was that louis didn't know what to do. he had no freaking clue. and it was bothering him.

"niallll, i don't know what i want to do." he whined.

"you know what," niall shouted, exasperated, throwing the remote on the coffee table sending crumpled up wrappers of jolly ranchers and gushers on the floor, standing up, and grabbing louis' wrist, pulling him up,''we, are going to starbucks, go put on your shoes before i shove them up your a-"

"okay, no need for the language. i'll go, but why starbucks?"

louis had been to starbucks a few times before work, but only through the drive-thru. he didn't see what people made such a big deal of, then again, he only ever ordered the tea there, he preferred much more than coffee. niall was crap at making tea and he was always too lazy to make it. the tea was okay, and warm so he liked it but thats the only thing he ever ordered from the popular coffee shop.

"im tired of you whining like a 5 year old, and i'm hungry."

louis glanced at the empty bag of dorittos and looked back at niall, raising his eyebrows.

"that had like 5 chips, you dramatic twat, it was literally a bag of air."

louis then looked at the other empty bag of dorittos.

niall rolled his,"shut up and put on your shoes."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that was that (: my laptop is fixed and im so happy. i'll update when i have time. i just wanted to post this chapter really quickly just so ya'll wouldn't get impatient with me, ha. im free-writing this story and i have no idea how this is going to turn out so bear me with, i'm gonna go harry on ya'll so all the love. x and i really, really love kayla, you guys. sigh.