F I R S T Y E A R

A warning that the first few chapters literally SUCK!!
September 1 1991
📍Kings cross
Song for this chapter: Come on Eileen by dexys midnight runners

A warning that the first few chapters literally SUCK!!September 1 1991📍Kings cross Song for this chapter: Come on Eileen by dexys midnight runners

Kings cross was bustling with muggles of all kinds when the family of four entered, a thin ticket in Astrid Clearwaters hands as she twirled around to take it all in

For years she had only heard of the magical school from her older brother and cousin. Now she would get to experience it first hand and make friends like they had, hoping they caused no trouble that would follow her.

Lucille gently pulled her daughter to the corner of the packed train station, lowering herself to meet her eyes "your father and I must leave for a meeting" she explained to the girl, looking over her shoulder at her husband and son "will you be okay?"

Astrid smiled at her mother, she was quite used to getting along without anyone's assistance "I'll be okay mumma"

She opened her mouth and closed it, puffing her cheeks out before she turned back to her mother, dark lines under her eyes poked through her makeup as grey

"I wish Elio was here" she selfishly spoke, twisting the rings around her mothers fingers as she stood too her feet and took her hand back in hers

Such precious lies had filled Astrid's dreams the months approaching her birthday, where she would be sent her Hogwarts letter, an invitation every magical child impatiently waited for.

For years her brother beamed down at her like she was an extension of himself. Telling her of all the fun they would have together when she came to Hogwarts, secrets they would not share with their parents, fun between just the two of them.

She had expected to be starting her first year with her elder brother by her side. When she looked to her younger brother—struggling to push the trolley that carried her trunks and bags—her heart yearned for it to be Helio.