see you later

July 8th 1995
Song: Painkillers by Rainbow Kitten Surprise
Die first by Nessa Barrett
📍Diggory Cottage
OOTD:

Two hours infront of the mirror with her makeup and hair accessories spread on her vanity, two hours of staring at her broken down reflection and crying. Astrid had not returned to the cottage after Cedric had passed, she hadn't been at the house without his presence. Neither had the Diggory's until two days ago when they decided it had been enough time spent at Clearwater manor. It must have been only an hour since they had gone before a letter came saying that it was much harder than they anticipated; deciding to temporarily stay in France for as long as they needed.

They were all lucky that most of Cedric's things were sent in large bags from the Ministry Of Education after he passed. Sorting through big and small, important and miscellaneous items was hard enough that they decided to wait before they went through Cedric's bedroom. The letter Cedric had received from his favourite Quidditch team was the hardest pill to swallow for the family. He was so close to his dreams, an offer to play with them, their desire for him to start training with them at the end of July. Astrid gratefully took a few of Cedric's items for herself, Lorenzo took what he wanted to remember him for and they all picked the things they thought Cho would like.

Today once all the guests would leave, they'd go through Cedric's room and help the Diggory's pack up for their trip the next morning. Going as far as staying in the house all together one last time.

Astrid tried to cheer up by reminding herself that Anthony would be there, dearly missing him everyday of the holidays.
...
Astrid stood and watched everyone speak to one another, all their voices hushed and calm. Seeing all the people that were most important to Cedric made something twist even deeper inside of Astrid. All the reminders of him felt like someone had stabbed her, and when that wasn't enough they twisted the knife still inside her and than pulled it out to watch her bleed out.

She tried not to think of the third task, especially not the days leading up to it where she would spend her time outside trying to force visions. For some reason, Cedric's death was the one thing she couldn't see coming. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't save him. Astrid just had to deal with the fact that even those who could do magic couldn't change every thing, no matter what, in the end she couldn't have saved him. Not even wizards could avoid the inevitable. Some days she wished she could take out the memory she had of telling him that she'd seen a vision where he'd come out with the trophy in hand. She never wanted to think of that smile on his face, Anthony cheering and the boys carrying Astrid around on their shoulders for this good news.

"My girl" Anthony hugged Astrid tight and long, something he probably missed doing to Cedric "how are you?"

"I'm okay" they broke off from the hug, walking over to the reserved area by the fire to sit and chat "how are you?"

"Same as you are" Anthony failed to smile "therapy's okay, not bad, it's helped me with understanding his death you know, how I should and shouldn't cope"

Astrid nodded her head "so, in the fall, what're you doing?"

They both stared into each other's eyes, thinking of the many plans they had made this summer all together. Cedric and Astrid would road trip, they'd attend concerts and than Anthony would join them wherever they were. Even made a master plan on how to make Lucille let Enzo join them.

"I've decided I want to travel the first year out of school, than I'll think of careers" Anthony pulled at the skin by his cuticles calmly

Astrid smiled at him, squeezing his hand "I think that's good, you should do something for yourself for a change"