Walk away

September 2nd 1995
Song: Cigarette daydreams by Cage The Elephant
Right where you left me by Taylor Swift
All the things she said by t.A.T.u
Forever by Labrinth
📍Great Hall

Astrid left the common room earlier than she usually would and without anyone by her side. She didn't intend on leaving for breakfast all on her lonesome, but her feet kept moving and she was too caught up in her thoughts to stop.

She ignored the people who were huddled in groups, tightly intertwined, walking by her and whispering rapidly about her and Harry as she approached the Gryffindor table, soon she found herself turned back around, heading for the doors urgently.

"Hey Clearwater" Angelina called out to Astrid's back

Astrid didn't stop, speed walking away in hopes Angelina would just think she didn't hear her.

But Angelina stormed after Astrid, losing her patience "Hey four! Hey! Badge!"

Astrid winced "are we seriously still using call signs"

Oliver had bestowed the name to Astrid their first game, when he realised she was as mean of a player as she was dedicated. Astrid remembered it well, how he said she reminded him of a honey badger. Tiny at the time but she snapped easily.

"Yeah we are" Angelina huffed, hands on her hips "and I'm assuming Oliver didn't reserve your spot on the team for you to be the walk away type, or did he?"

Astrid gritted her teeth

"I'm talking to you Clearwater, you left last night too but I excused it. Fred and George already told me you're denying my request, not only that but you're leaving the team in general"Angelina raised an eyebrow

"Did you not get my letters?" Astrid questioned, crossing her arms over her chest

"I did but I assumed you were just I don't know, in distress or just saying it. I never actually thought you meant it, I mean, seriously, leaving the team?" Angelina frowned at Astrid, looking back at the rest of the Gryffindors in the Quidditch team who were scattered around the table "not many people get these opportunities, a family like bond"

"Look" Astrid sighed, feeling the eyes of many students on her, trying to listen in, she lowered her voice "it's not good publicity for you to have an alleged murderer on your team, I'll send us to the grave"

Angelina clicked her tongue in frustration, meeting the eyes of a nearby group of Hufflepuffs who were watching "keep staring and I'll claw your eyes out and feed it to your owls"

"Angie" Astrid reprimanded

"Astrid I don't care about what people say or think, you're irreplaceable. I'm not saying that cause I'm captain and it's a lot of work to find a player to replace you, but because I know you, we've been chasers together for years, I know your skills and techniques, I need you on the team"

"I don't know Angie" Astrid shook her head, feeling the weight of the world just for a decision as small as this "I don't know if I can handle it, I don't know how me staying will affect the team either, it's not just me, they're spreading stuff about Harry too"

"Where is jaw?" Angelina asked turning to look around

Astrid chuckled "Harry's running late" his name inspired by his game where he caught the snitch in his mouth.

"And ghost?" Angelina asked again, really taking the kick out of these lame names Oliver had passed down to her

"Katie's behind you" Astrid said tight lipped, she had learned if you complained too much, you'd get a name you liked even less, hence why Fred went from 'boulder' to 'whiney'