Chapter 25: Not Her Pimp

It was Kimmy.

Kimmy reported they still had Duncan in custody. They had interrogated him twice—last night when they had just brought him in, and earlier this morning in the presence of his attorney. Duncan appeared to be spooked enough by the whole experience that he had easily confessed to Kimmy that it was Grace that had asked him to get close to Violet, get her drunk, and take some scandalous pictures of her. Her goal was to humiliate Violet, ultimately, by publishing those pictures online.

Kimmy asked if money was his motive to be involved in Grace's scheme. The question seemed to have ruffled Duncan's feathers. He revealed he came from an affluent family, whereas Grace didn't. As a matter of fact, her birthday party last night was funded by him. Why would he need Grace's money?

So Kimmy asked if he had agreed to Grace's request because he had feelings for her.

"Why would I like a whore? She's no different from those freelancing hookers who provided service to their johns from their own dingy little rooms in Fuji building [1]," Duncan scoffed. "The only difference is Grace gets to fuck her customers in a nice hotel room and the money she got from just a few hours of service is enough to buy her a branded bag."

He further divulged that Grace had been working as a high-end escort as a side job. He met her as a client and had used her service a few times before he started to hook her up with his business partners. Sometimes, Grace would even steal classified information from them under Duncan's order.

"So, you're her pimp," Kimmy concluded in a derisive tone. It further increased Duncan's indignation.

"No, ma'am. I'm just someone who took pity on her and decided to help her. She needs money, and I help hook her up with some rich customers. I don't take a percentage of her earnings like pimps do!" He crossed his arms over his chest and held his chin up. "In fact, if it weren't for me, that bitch wouldn't even be able to continue attending medical school."

"Sit up straight!" Kimmy barked, which made Duncan flinch and immediately straighten his back.

"Get off your high horse, Mr. Lo. You may have never taken a cut from her earnings, still, you have benefited from her work. Do you think you would keep getting those business tenders if it weren't for her?" Kimmy scolded him while still maintaining an indifferent expression. "Don't make it sound nobler than it really is. You're her pimp."

Duncan lowered his head, unable to retort.

"So, if you didn't do it for money or love, what did you do it for, then?" Kimmy continued.

Duncan sighed and explained that he hadn't agreed to Grace's request immediately. In fact, he hadn't even intended to agree to it, thinking it was rather childish of Grace. But then he'd seen the beautiful Violet at the party and changed his mind. He didn't mind granting Grace's request as long as he could have some fun with the gorgeous girl.

Under Kimmy's no-nonsense questioning, Duncan admitted that the GHB was not Grace's idea. It was his own doing. He revealed he was a regular user of the drug and would use it during his sexual activities with his partners.

"To heighten the sensation," he claimed.

Although, he asserted that he had always used it with their approval. Last night was the first time he'd used it to spike someone's drink without their consent.

"That girl was just too frigid. She looked at me like I was the nastiest thing in the world," Duncan mouthed off. "It just pissed me off! Sure, she was ridiculously pretty, but I don't look bad myself. And I'm fucking rich. What right did she have to look down on me like that?"