Chapter 5

When I woke up, I was panicking. I was rushing to get ready for work. I cannot be late again! As I got ready I looked at the time. It was now 9:34 A.M. 21 more minutes I thought. I swear when it was 7:55 A.M, I told myself I'll just sleep another 20 minutes but no, I ended sleeping for 2 hours. I hate this.

I have been late countless of times to the point where my boss was about to fire me, but I begged him not to and with that, this is my last strike.

When I was done showering, I went to the sink and brushed my teeth. I ran to my bedroom while I had my toothbrush in my mouth and got out my business attire. I put those on. Instead of picking slacks, I was going with a pencil skirt this time.

I looked at the time. It was now 9:39 A.M! I cursed violently as I ran to the bathroom and finished brushing. Then after that I put on my make up as fast as I can. When I was done, I took all my things and headed out.

I locked the door to my house. I was going to take my car, but I realized that at this time, it's traffic. So I started running.

When I was running, people gave me strange looks. I didn't care, all I cared was going to work on time. As I was still running, I accidentally bumped into someone causing them to spill the coffee on that persons clothes.

"Shit!" I cursed silently. I started to run again and quickly apologized to that person without looking back.

"Sorry!" I yelled as loud as I could. I saw the building coming into view and smile to myself. I got my phone out of my bag and looked at the time. It was 9:43 A.M. As I stopped in front of the building, I panted as I was trying to catch my breath.

I closed my eyes and then opened them. I started walking into the building.

"Good morning Miss Addi." Pete said when I walked in. I smiled and greeted him back.

"Early as always Miss Addi." Adam winked at me and smiled. I rolled my eyes and said my good morning. He was such a big flirt.

"Good morning Miss." Layla smiled to me. I did the same and greeted her.

I looked at my time again and it was now 9:47 A.M. Just in time, I sighed. As I was walking down to my office I came face to face with my boss.

I gulped. He stared at me without any emotion. He then nodded.

"Good to see you early this time, Addison." He told me. I nodded and smiled timidly.

"Yeah." I answered back. Great going Addison. What a nice impression for you to give him for being early for your first time. Whoopie. He nodded again and left.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I looked back at my boss but he stopped turned around to look at me again.

"I hired a new employee. Since you're the first one I saw, I want you to show him around this place." He asked me.

I nodded, "Sure, just show him around my office if he gets here. So we could start." I said he nodded and then left. What's with all the nodding? I rolled my eyes and headed towards my office.

-------

A/N: who do you guys think the new employee is? 😏 Anyways, I hoped you liked this chapter. If you did, vote and or comment what you guys think. Until next time again (: Byeeeee!

Much love,
Angelica 💖