(28) 𝕥᭙ꫀꪀ𝕥ꪗ-ꫀⅈᧁꫝ𝕥

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. First chapter of 2022 whoo!!

Enjoy ♡

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The setting sun paints the inside of the cafe with saturated hues of scarlet and gold. Soothing jazz music floats in the air, creating a relaxing ambiance for the many who come to study, get some work done, or simply enjoy a cup with a close one.

The small shop sits on the outskirts of Seoul Academy. It's known as a common safe place for its customers, with its friendly baristas, splendid variations of caffeine, and tasty pastries.

It was Yoongi who recommended that Jungkook apply for a job here, being that he's worked here for almost a year.

The suggestion came about one evening when Hoseok offered to pay for Jungkook's movie ticket. Jungkook declined but Hoseok insisted, not wanting the younger to miss out because he was, for lack of a better term, broke.

It didn't end there. Something about him being the youngest gives those around him a sense of duty to take care of him. And as heartfelt as it is, he feels burdensome.

He hates it when they feel the need to lend him money. Lend, being a term used quite loosely considering they never expect him to pay the money back.

But he will. He vowed he'd find a way to pay them back and buy his own shit for fuck's sake. So here he is, Club Cafe's newest barista. He's only been working at the small cafe for a couple of weeks, but with his incredible latte art, he's already become a customer favorite. He mastered the standard heart, rosetta, and tulip with Yoongi's help and has now ventured on to more ambiguous designs.

"What design would you like?"

Namjoon shrugs, "Surprise me."

Jungkook tilts the coffee mug at an angle and begins to pour microfoam into the shot of expresso until the mocha concoction reaches the lip of the cup. Now for the fun part. He brings the pitcher close to the surface and pours more of the foam in a left-to-right motion. For a moment it looks like a rosetta but as he finishes it off, it becomes a swan, framed in open feathers.

"Here you go." Jungkook carefully places the mug down on a plate before sliding it over to Namjoon.

"Woah." Namjoon gapes, "This is beautiful. I'm not sure I even want to drink it," He bends down to get a closer look, "I just want to stare at it."

"Hyunggg," Jungkook smiles bashfully.

Namjoon pulls his phone out and takes a picture of the design, before snapping one of Jungkook as well. It's an ongoing joke amongst his hyungs to snap photos of him while he's at work. He's learned to ignore it.

Namjoon takes a sip to taste, smacking his lips together before sighing in content, "Ahh, delicious as always. Thanks." He drops a five-dollar bill in the tip jar.

"Hey, no tips! I already owe you enough money." Jungkook whines, fishing the bill out of the jar.

"For the last time Kook, you don't have to pay me back."

"Well, I want to, starting with this five." He waves it in front of Namjoon's face and shoves it back into his hand.

Namjoon rolls his eyes and sticks the cash into his coat pocket. He'll find a way to sneak it back into that jar when Jungkook isn't paying attention.

"Oh, let me take this customer," Jungkook signals to the person waiting behind Namjoon. Namjoon turns and bows apologetically before moving aside.

"Hey, Hyung." Namjoon waves as Yoongi walks out of the kitchen with a couple of mugs.