(18) ꫀⅈᧁꫝ𝕥ꫀꫀꪀ

Ever read a really good book and then just feel like your writing is trash? That would be me 👉🏽 😃

This has nothing to do with the main plot but changlix or hyunlix?

Also, this... 😩

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

If someone told Taehyung that by 'up', Doyeon meant the building's rooftop, he probably would have gotten off on the next floor, but now standing here with the breathtaking aerial stretch of the city, he can't bring himself to regret following her up.

The majestic view of the skyline presents itself with startling beauty. One could argue it's all just monoliths of concrete, steel, and glass soaring out of the sidewalks, but those with such simplicate views fail to realize there is more to appreciate than just the architecture. Huge and small buildings, different highs and lows, tiny vehicles rushing along tangled lines of streets, creating twisted threads of pigment, all intertwining together in a magnificent mess.

There's a certain je ne sais quoi to it all, beauty amidst all its chaos. The world suddenly feels so tangible, yet just out of reach in the most satisfying way. Up here, there's silence. And as beautiful as it is down there, up here, he can finally breathe.

It's invigorating, to say the least.

Taehyung turns to sneak a glance at Doyeon, her mane of dark hair blowing in all different directions. She doesn't seem to mind, her eyes closed, features completely relaxed.

"Do you come up here often?" Taehyung questions casually, his curiosity getting the best of him. He was immediately wary of Doyeon when he discovered who she was but right now, she seems nothing but harmless. He wants to know for sure.

Doyeon tucks a bothersome lock of hair behind her ear so she can meet Taehyung's gaze, the corners of her mouth slightly tugging, "I practically live up here. Can't even count the number of times my mom had to send her henchmen to come looking for me." She tsks, "Never takes long, though. They always know where to find me." she sighs faintly as she stares out into the vast city.

Taehyung follows her gaze, slowly nodding, "I would ask why you don't find a different hiding place but I guess I can't blame you. It's lovely up here."

"Make yourself at home," Doyeon grins, gesturing out into the open, and Taehyung smiles, shaking his head at her playful antics.

It's quiet for some time before Taehyung speaks up again, "So...when did your mom tell you about the contract?" he figures he should just address the elephant in the room.

Doyeon's expression turns sour, her tone following the same nature, "About a month ago. Your father?" She raises a brow.

Taehyung laughs, he can't help it, "on the way here," he bites out and Doyeon eyes widen in disbelief, her mouth falling agape, "You're lying..."