(38) 𝕥ꫝⅈ𝕣𝕥ꪗ-ꫀⅈᧁꫝ𝕥

I absolutely adore writing taekook all lovey-dovey, but I also miss writing them as 'enemies'. The sexual tension/frustration during that Era was to die for ☺️

Also, a little side note so no one gets confused: their birthdays (in this book) are not the same days/months as their birthdays in real life. I say this because, this chapter takes place a few days after Jimin's birthday, and if his birthday is on Oct 13 and Jungkook's birthday was on Sep 1st that would mean that everything that has happened between the chapter that jungkook's birthday took place (Ch.21) and now (Ch.38) would have happened in the span of a little over a month and that's definitely not the case cause wtf 😅 that timeline would make no sense.

But anyways, glad to be back,
Enjoy!

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"I see you got a new haircut while I was gone."

"Yup, say bye to the blonde and hello mullet," Taehyung twirls Jungkook's locks through his fingers.

"The mullet was his idea. Now I think he likes my hair more than he likes me." Jungkook points to Taehyung and Jimin smiles, shaking his head, "nonsense."

"How was your visit back to Busan? Did you enjoy spending your birthday with your family?"

"Yeah. It was healing. I didn't realize how homesick I was until I saw Chae and my parents waiting for me at the airport. I actually started crying. I just missed them so much, especially Chae. It felt nice to finally hug her in person again. Her virtual hugs through my laptop screen never quite hit the spot."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Jungkook sighs. "I've never been away from my mom for this long. She said happy birthday, by the way. Told me to make sure you video call her when you get back. She keeps complaining about not seeing all three of her sons." Jungkook rolls his eyes and Taehyung chuckles.

"I'll call her later. I know how much she must miss her favorite."

"Mom said she doesn't have favorites," Taehyung argues.

"Like hell, she doesn't. I'm her actual son, so naturally, I'm her favorite."

"He's delusional." Jimin 'whispers' to Taehyung and Jungkook shoves him, "I'm delusional? Me?"

Jimin pounces on Jungkook and Taehyung leaves them in their tussling match to retrieve the gift bag he hid in the closet earlier.

When he turns around Jimin and Jungkook are squared up, circling one another in preparation to strike.

"Knock it off you dorks." Taehyung shoves the two of them in opposite directions and Jimin stumbles back before landing on the bed. Jungkook sticks his tongue out at Jimin before sitting beside Taehyung. Taehyung hands Jimin his gift.

"Here, open mine first. I can't go after Koo. He's a hard act to follow."

"What's this?"

"Your birthday gift."

"But you already gave me my birthday gift." Jimin furrows his brows, "The best birthday gift ever, might I add."

Taehyung got them VIP tickets to see Taeyeon in concert right before he left for Busan. Jungkook and Hoseok tagged along as well, which made for a night filled with joyful singing, dancing, laughter and plenty of happy tears.

A picture of Jimin posing with Taeyeon now occupies his lockscreen. It was easily the most memorable night he's ever had. He gets a little serotonin boost every time he sees it,