Chapter 44: One of Each

Jason: 10 weeks, 1 day
Beth: 6 weeks, 3 days
Nicholas and Hudson: 4 weeks
Freddy: 1 week, 2 days
Gracelyn: 1 week, 1 day
Lillie and Ava: 2 days
Kitty: 40 weeks, 2 days

What the girls are wearing:

Kitty:

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

        It had all happened so fast. Kitty had been sitting at home, complaining about everything she could complain about.

        "God, my back hurts. Why am I having so many contractions if my water hasn't broken? I'll love the twins, and you know I love them, but I don't like being pregnant, Jake."

        Kitty was rambling on and on about this to Jake, who was sitting in the living room, reading a sports magazine and pretending to listen to his girlfriend's complaints.

        The blonde continued on her rant when suddenly, something stopped her dead in her tracks. Kitty stopped talking as she felt a small gush of water. "Jake."

        "Hmm?" Jake raised an eyebrow, not looking up from the magazine.

        "My water just broke," Kitty said in disbelief. "Just like that."

        Jake slowly stood up from the couch. "Your water broke?"

        "You speak English, don't you?" Kitty snapped, then sighed. "Yes, my water just broke."

        A grin spread across Jake's face. "We're gonna have twins!"

        "You're elated, and I'm completely terrified," Kitty muttered.

        "Babe, I'll be right there with you, supporting you every minute," Jake reassured Kitty.

        Kitty let out a long breath. "Okay. I'm just going to go call Dr. Mays."

        And so after Kitty called her doctor, who told her to go to the hospitals, Jake and Kitty got the hospital bag, the diaper bag, and the stroller packed in Kitty's SUV, and went to the hospital.

        They had already talked to the receptionist and were currently waiting to be transferred to a hospital room.

        "Jake," Kitty moaned.

        Her boyfriend turned to look at her. "What's wrong?"

        "The contractions are really starting to hurt," Kitty said, sucking in a breath.

        "Okay. So... What do you want me to do about it?" Jake asked cautiously.

        "What do I want you to do? Tell them to get me a hospital room so I can get the damn epidural!" Kitty raised her voice, ignoring the stares she was receiving.