Chapter 2

_________________________________________________________

Velleitie 

(n.) a wish or powerful desire for something that, nonetheless, is not or cannot be followed by actions meant to pursue it.

_________________________________________________________

Present Mic's POV

Today will be a wonderful day, I can feel it, the sun is shining and smiling at me. So, I shouted, with all my heart, for the world to hear, "GOOD MORNING!" as I stretch my arms up above me.

Surprised, that there was no groan by my side, I turn my head to the other side and was confused on why Sho was not there.

'Weird, he's usually here by now, sleeping...' I pondered but shrugged it off that something came up and he was needed longer, much to his dismay.

I did my daily routine that includes: showering, combing my long beautiful blond hair, cooking and eating American breakfast just the way I like it, and feeding the cats that Sho randomly comes home with.

I put on some black leather jacket, a white t-shirt, fingerless black gloves, and of course my signature tinted glasses, for my outfit today, as I get ready for my day.

.

.

.

Today was one of my days off in both Hero works and Radio shows managing and hosting, so, I decided to take a lovely stroll at the park.

I helped a couple of kids getting their kite back from the tree, babysit for a while when her mother went to the restroom, volunteer in a children's hospital, and play soccer with teens on the streets.

I continue my walk until I spot a child cowering behind an alleyway near here.

.

.

.

I walked over to him slowly and crouched down, so I'm on his height. The child, as I observed, has pale skin, ears pointy looking somehow elf-like, which is pretty rad, messy dark blue hair, in its front has bangs and at the back stick out behind him. Overall, HE'S CUTE! But, anyway, I should focus on the task at hand! I mentally slap myself, bringing me back to reality. 

"Hi, lil' listener..." I started with a calm and soft voice. He looks up to me still cowering though. "Are you okay?" I asked gently while tilting my head a bit. 

It took a few minutes before the child stuttered out, "N-no, mi-mister... I lo-lost m-my mo-mother a-and I- I ca-can't fi-find he-her..." My gaze, if possible, softened more at the cuteness.

"Tell you what, lil' listener! I'll help you find your mom!" I exclaimed and he stared at me with awe. 'Oh my god, he's CUTE!' I thought.

"Tha-thank yo-you, mi-mister..." the child replied. 

I beamed at him as he shields his eyes at the same time, "No problemo!" I respond. 

"Can I carry you, so, we can find your mother faster, and don't you worry!" I paused for a dramatic effect and slowly reach for my pockets, grabbing something, "You can trust me-" I showed him my Hero licenses, "keep this a secret, okay? I'm Present Mic" I whispered to him and he looks at me with stars in his eyes and his mouth slightly gape. 

When he was out of his trance, he nodded and I lifted him in my shoulders, so, he was sitting there.

"Let's goooo~!" I semi-yelled, singing it just as if it was part of a song.