Chapter 8

_________________________________________________________

Meraki 

(v.) to do something with soul, creativity, or love; to leave a piece and essence of yourselves in your work.

_________________________________________________________

Hizashi Yamada's POV

"Now, let's see..." I mutter out loud beside an enthusiastic Izuku who was bouncing in his place, "Notebooks check, Water jug check, Crayons check, Pencil Bag check, Extra clothes check, Bandaids check—" 

"—Taser" 

"Che— Wait, what?" I look from behind me seeing Sho offering a taser, "Sho, he's 3." I look up at him, deadpan as Izuku looks at it, intrigued.

"So?" He question-stated like it has the most obvious reason why. "He's not going to use that," I sigh, "And I'll be with him for the whole day. Don't worry too much..."

"Just for extra precaution, you know..." He mumbled, trying to convince me but, I wasn't having any of it, "Nope, he doesn't need one," I stated, re-checking my son's school supplies.

"What's a taser, daddy?" Izuku asked in his little sweet voice, eyes glimmering in curiosity.

"When a person, that you aren't familiar with, approaches you and is forcing you to come with him even if you don't want to, let this taser," He pointed to it, "Touch that man, okay?" Izuku nods his head in understanding as I sigh, "Sho, don't," As Izuku tilts his head in confusion, wondering what's wrong as I shake my head at him.

"Anyways... Did I forget something?" I asked, once again re-checking the materials.

"I don't think so..." Sho answered rubbing his chin, he caught a glimpse of his watch, his eyes widening, "Holy shi—" I glare at him, "—itake...?" I nod in approval as he proceeds, "I need to go now!" With that, he rushes off to the front door after kissing Izuku on his forehead. 

"Papa! Papa!" Izuku called out, "Let's go too!" 

I chuckled as he attempts to pull my shirt toward the door, "Okay, okay. Excited are we not?"

_________________________________________________________

"Izuku Aizawa?" 

"Oh!" I exclaimed as Izuku hid behind my back further, clutching his little hands on my pants, tightly, "He's here!" As the teacher gave a nod to us. 

"Okay... Now, then. Good morning to you all again!" She greeted, ecstatically, as the kids at the room yelled back, "Good morning, Satoshi-sensei!" Dragging it a bit as they all rushed on to their respective playing place, I think.

"Today, we have a new student with us!" She announced as the hand on my pants seem to tighten its hold, "Can you introduce yourself to the class, Izuku-chan?"

I gently nudge Izuku to the front as he strengthens his hold, his knuckles whitening, "Izu..." I whispered to him as I crouch down to his level, "Don't worry, I'll be by your side while you're at it, okay?"

"Hold my hand...?" He asked in a little voice, making me squeal inside a bit but, I manage to hide it, I nod to him, smiling as I hold out my hand to him.

He slowly walked to the front, still holding my hands tightly, but I didn't mind. He took a deep breath before murmured, "I-I'm I-Izuku Aizawa..." He tilts his head downwards to the side, looking away in embarrassment, 'So cute~!' I smiled, fondly at him.